The dark green scarf

I was dragged roughly to the corridor. The perpetrator wasn't a lady, I knew as he pulled me close to him.

Towards the other end of the corridor someone was walking in. I must seize this opportunity.  I wriggled ceaselessly.

"is anybody there in there"i heard Mike's voice.

"Mike ,here I wished to cry"but his clasp around my mouth was too hard to undo.
I stomped his leg hard and let out a shriek"Mike"

The hooded perpetrator leaned on to me and whispered"i am not an foe, run and never come back. They will kill you if they know who you are to Allan. Run for your life.They are not your friends"

And left me and vanished into corridor before Mike came rushing in yelping"Where are you Elena? "

I wave of relief washed over me as I embraced Mike. "let's go Mike, let's just go" I said as tears rushed down my cheeks.

Brian, john, Candice and other servants rushed to the spot.

I was sitting on the floor hugging Mike.

Candice rushed to me, I told her what occurred as everyone heard with rapt attention.

Brian called the cops stating someone broke in.

The cops asked me to "stay until the investigation is over"

"I am leaving now"i declared.

I don't want our secret. Allan's and my little secret to be known to the world.
I really desired to be alive.

They persuaded me to stay for just two days, marriage is two weeks away but the party is day after.

Later in the room

"Candice dear, I don't belong here. The people here are totally out of my league. They are posh and loaded. They belong to large and influential families. I am a no one. And I want to be alive.

"Elena, you are my best friend. You are my soul sister. That is all that you need to me. This is the greatest day of my life. I just need you here. You know I was never close to my mother or father. You are the only close relation in my whole life. The one I could confide everything too. John is a great man,  but I need you by my side.Whatever or whoever is trying to harm you,give us some time." She said with tears welling up her large brown eyes.

Do you know the greatest fallback of being me? It is the inability to tell no. I ducking hate myself because I can't tell no

Mike yelled at me the entire night as I decided to stay. I slept with my head on his stomach, his packs make his stomach so hard to sleep on. He is tired of scolding me, me exhausted of hearing him scold me.

I woke up as Mike's stomach vibrated below me. "It's OK, Mr Drewstone , Elena is sleeping like a pig on my stomach. "

Suddenly my insides lurched he is frigging speaking to my mommy. I pounced over him pulling the phone from him.

"Mommy, it is not what you think "I blurted.

"what did I think my dear? "mom asked.

I stood there embarrassed as mike was caught up in the third seizure of laughter in the past minute.

"very funny"i said making a face.

Mom adding insult to injury proclaimed "Mike is quite a gentlemen, I may not trust you, but Mike is such a gem"

I choked aloud "very gentleman like"i said changing the topic inquiring about Ruben and my other siblings.

Hearing my little Ruben's voice is like a breath of fresh air. He hasn't completely forgiven me for leaving him. He is trying to forgive me since Allan is out of pictures. My little brother indeed has a possessive bone.
-------
"This is the seventh dress you made me try on Candice. The party is thrown in favour of your marriage and not mine. "I whined swishing the dark blue ball gown.

"you need to find a guy, I have already found mine"she said. "and my customised designer gown has already arrived.

"Candice"i retorted.

After trying on around twenty ball gowns and nothing seems to impress Candice whereas I loved everything.  It was such fine ballgowns I can't afford so I didn't press to buy it.

I sat there with grandpa who helped me with my paper. He was so good at this I am sure I would get a scholarship . Mike whined pathetically as he lost his leverage over me.

"That is for today"grandpa declared exhausted.

I sighed craning my back on the cushion.

"so what are you wearing tomorrow "he asked.

"Candice would lend me something "I said.

"I have such beautiful gowns, she rejected them all and told everything in store is not what she wanted me to have"i laughed.

"or I might even wear a sundress"i chuckled.

"help me up"he said .

I held grandpa and he led me to a room.

There was a dark emerald gown. This belonged to my wife, she always wanted a girl. But our entire family is infested with boys.

This gown has a legacy I will tell you later. If you wear this you will find the love of your life.

"This must then belong to Candice"i said.

"no, she wanted to give to her daughter or grandkids who is like her, Candice is a wonderful girl. But she is not like her. But you are.  "

"i stared at him dumbfounded. It must worth a fortune" I said.

"just think I am lending it for a night, cant you wear it for the poor old man"he said.

I hugged grandpa. I never had grandparents. I never knew how it is to have one. This feels good.

I brandished wearing the gown at Candice who was overwhelmed.

" Are you not angry grandpa gave this gown to me? "I asked.

"I am glad he likes you. He is a lonely person, everyone here is scared of him. John would pee if he calls his name stern. He never expresses his liking to anyone, it is a wonder he has grown a liking towards you"she said.

"The neckline is a bit low, it shows my cleavage a bit"she said.

"that makes you look sexy"she said pouting
-------
I walked down the street buying some last minute additions for Candice. My eyes caught a dark green scarf which would go well with the gown. So I can prevent my cleavage from being exposed.

The fabric was soft and smooth.  I checked the price tag, which made me lose my grip $950 for a scarf.

"hey careful"said someone behind me.  He covered his face mostly with a hat and sweater.

I looked puzzled ."it's me Brian"

"I need a help"he said.