There is no time to whine

"Is it true? "I asked him.

"get ready"he said" we are leaving now "

car sped as I know not where we tread to.

I lay on Mike's shoulders, weeping half the time and fainting rest of the time. The rain lashed against the windows and as dark clouds imbibed a feeling dankness. My heart and fingers felt numb out of anxiety.

"Elena"called out Mike. I looked at him and tried to conjure my lips to smile at which I pathetically failed. His pain was evident in his eyes since he too dearly loved Ruben.

A large glass building with pale walls extended above me.

"what is this place? "I asked

"Hawthorne hospitals"Allan said.

"But I have never heard of it"I said.

"There are a lot of things the world doesn't know "he said rushing inside.

There were a lot of doctors and nurses mostly nursing the elderly.

I rushed to a bed where Ruben was lying.  To his side at the edge of the bed I sat as Ruben lay hapless. Tears welled up my eyes.

"Is he alive? "I asked breathless.

"Even we thought we lost him, thanks Brian's influence he was brought in at time, he is safe. "the doc said.

Brian just winked in response.

Ruben slowly opened his eyes and stuttered "Elle, I missed you". I hugged in response.

"why is he here? "he asked pointing at Allan.

"he helped me find you "I said.

He smiled "thanks" and drifted back to sleep.

After two days.

"Are you sure you can't stay? "grandpa asked.

"I have to take Ruben back home and I need a break grandpa. I will come to see you I promise "I said.

"stay strong dear"he said as I walked away.

I hugged Brian "how will I ever thank you? "

"you owe me a dance"he whispered...
I smiled yet again..

Candice is not going to send me off she is so pissed off. John pecked my cheek in a old fashioned way and bade me bye.

I held his hand....

"Allan, I missed you"i said"and thanks, sorry if I was rude. And I am happy for your engagement, wish you the best "I said eyeing his fiance who already seems to throw daggers at me.
His eyes held the pain.  He held me and caressed my hair.... "Elena,..."and checked himself"goodbye"

"I mounted the car as Mike waited for me. It's just us again" I said.

"That is how it is supposed to be"i said.

A few days later
Mom and dad were so indebted to Allan, so am I. He knew who kidnapped Ruben but I didn't want to know. Allan told me he has been taken care of and I trusted him.
Yesterday was Candice's marriage. She had forgiven me and her little head is brimming with only John.

Mike rushed ranting into my room as I was engrossed in Downton Abbey laying on the bed with laptop on my stomach.

"Look at this"he said.

"what "I moaned peeking in....

"ALLAN HAWTHORNE BREAKS HIS ENGAGEMENT, REASON IS SPECULATED TO BE A MYSTERIOUS GIRL IN GREEN SCARF AT THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY. "