Ruben

"Elena what happened? "his voice outlined with concern.

I opened my eyes to find myself on Allan's lap as everyone looking at me concerned.

Suddenly the memories rushed back to me like a hailstorm.

"Ruben, ruben"I cried....

I clutched Allan's shirt wailing "Ruben is missing Allan, my boy he is missing "

I pointed at the package stating "Someone send me Ruben's blood stained shirt"as I lost my breath sobbed ceaselessly.

Mike took the parcel and examined it with his face grave.

"who is Ruben? "asked someone.

"it's her brother, he is just seven"answered Allan and Mike in unison..

"it was me, I must have left. Would they be harming him Allan? "I asked staring at him wide eyed as tears ceaselessly jerked down my cheeks...

"Will they hurt him....? He doesn't know anything. My little boy"i sobbed.
Allan held my head on his chest as
I sobbed. "Will they hurt him? "I asked clutching his shirt and sobbing

"I was a fool, I was so stubborn. I must have left .Now look at what happened"i wept

He cupped my face in his hands" Elle, I promise you.  I am getting Ruben back. "

I nodded as silent tears dripped on his shirt.

"I am so scared. I want to go home"i cried.

I could hear some people whispering behind us "unwanted mess"
"they should have turned that girl out"
"a waste of time admit the marriage "

"Can you all just leave us alone? This is our family's problem.Not a spectacle and no one asked your opinions."said Brian.

"Brian, this girl and her troubles are ruining the ambiance of the wedding" said John's mom

Allan's infuriated glance silenced her

Allan helped me up.  I clinged on him as my life depended on it.

Ruben's smile filled my head and now is haunting me.

"Have I lost him forever?"I asked Allan unconcerned about what others speak.

"I would trade anything in the world to get my brother back"i wept...

Allan led me to the room as Candice,Mike, John and Brian accompanied.

"John test the blood"Allan said.

"Elena what is Ruben's blood group? "he asked.

"B+ve "I said.

"just same as yours"he said.

I nodded.

John rushed out with Ruben's shirt, Candice followed.

"Brian, I need this to be investigated silently since there is hardly two weeks for John's wedding. "Allan said. "I need you to run some errands "

Brian nodded and caressed my hair"we will find him"

That just left me Allan and Mike. Mike looked startled, he appeared sick and ghastly. He was equally affected as I was.

"Mike go, take rest. I know you are shoken as Elena is. Her family means a lot to you. Can you call up to her parents and enquire what exactly happened "Allan said.

"elena"Mike stuttered.

"Trust me, I can handle her"Allan said.
Mike left worried.

"It wasn't my dad"said Allan.

I gaped at him. "I knew he yelled at you. So I kept tabs on him. It wasn't him"he said.

"Someone warned me Allan"i said..

"I know,  I heard about it"He said.

"maybe it's them "I sobbed. "I must have left ."

"I don't know Elena"he said"but we will find our Ruben, I promise "

"you trust me, don't you"he asked "I nodded"

His phone rang it was John"The blood is B+ve"

Allan cursed under his breath.

His phone rang again it was Brian"i think we found Ruben but I don't think he is alive."