time and tide

"Elena, there is someone at the door"yelled Mike pulling the sheets over his head.
"You go get the fricking door, I am not your personal maid"I yelled snuggling under the sheets.

"Forget the notes"came his grumpy drunk voice.

"You are an absolute dick " I blurted staggering off the bed towards the door. I pulled a robe over my half dressed self and barged towards the rear of the door.If he doesn't help me with my studies I am sure to flunk.Answering a door bell is a way more easier I bet.

There was a letter . A postcard.

"I assume my Hogwarts letter has arrived at last"I yelped half sarcastically.

"Who writes letters these days?" He said rubbing his eyes like an overgrown kid.

"Why don't you wear something , rather than your tweenzy tiny boxers?" I cried with a scrutinizing look in my eyes

"Don't you like what you see"he muttered aloud striking a sexy posture.

I swished my hands in reply, "pathetic imitation of a man"

"Oh really "he appeared annoyed I must have hurt his male ego real hard. He pulled me into lip lock ,infuriated I pushed him away.

"You , don't treat me like your whore's' I ranted on the top of my voice.

"What is friends for without some benefits"he smirked which gave an indistinctive impulse to my leg to kick his arse real hard that he had to rub it outta pain while moving to kitchen to grab his cup of coffee.

Even if I dance stark naked before Mike. He would ignore me and sip his coffee. I don't know if it is my confidence on Mike or on how plain I look . Anyway I feel really safe and comfortable around him.

I ripped the letter
"It's from Candice,she is getting married and we are invited. "I smiled.

"Why did she write a letter" he asked.

"No idea," I said grabbing his coffee which he was sipping in mirth

"This is rude"he cried throwing daggers at me.

He read the letter again as I drank rest of his coffee resting my legs on his lap.

'She is not a person of words then why did she write, something is astray "he said.

"Look at this"he said pulling me to his side

We read"the letter means something more than these ink, paper and light, it's blood and love"

"What in the world, does this mean"he asked

It means water.

"What?" He scorned his eyebrows.

When she gets drunk , and throws up all night . She tells real blood of love is not alcohol but water. It makes us feel calm and serene.

I poured some water on the paper. The words came into light "help me Elena, nobody trusts me! Something is wrong. I think they will kill me"

We gasped at the words.

"I am not letting you go there again"he said "remember the last time, I thought I lost my best friend forever"

"Not I ,We are going.she is our best friend"I said

"Your best friend. I have only one best friend and that bitch right in front of me"he honked

I smiled, but something really didnt feel right.