A questionnaire

Dedicated to books_and_only_books

I am really sorry I wasn't able to write for the last few weeks. I was caught up and now it's all over for good I hope. Though future appears grim, I have a story into whose arms I can fall into.
---------*********--------------*********-------
Stanley entered the comfy house, wondering how these kids could afford such a decent place in this overcrowded city. The stunning contrast of the pair in front of him made him yearn for his younger years.

Mr Stanley wasn't half the way handsome as the young man standing in front of him,but he wasn't ugly either. He was considered to one of the most good looking officers even in his forties. It did mortify his pride a little that he himself couldn't deny that the young boy appears to have jumped out of a fashion magazine. The picture he saw on the the case report did him no justice.

Stanley positioned himself on the couch in front of him. He sat facing the girl who stared at him as his daughter did when he dropped her in her mom's house.

She explained him about the break in, Stanley took down notes as it is expected out of him but his photographic memory never required it, his eyes kept scanning her expressions, gestures and tone. It was quite evident, that she was terrorized by the incident. But the young man was hearing it with absolute rapt attention which amused him.

So, what was the gentleman doing that time. "

"he was under pills"Elena said.

"what ailment does he have? "Stanley asked.

"that....actually "Elena started.

"I was bit stressed, so I was on sleeping pills. "he said.

"do you have any enemies ?"he said.

Her brow frowned in, she looked at the boy for reassurance , he appeared composed and calm.

"No, none that we know of"he replied.
"Have you taken pills before,when did you use pills the last time ?"Stanley asked.

"before I met elena, I was suffering from anxiety and was autophobic. I have even tried to kill myself "he said.
Stanley was caught unaware ,Stanley's research has already revealed that he was in medication during highschool. He was so sure, the boy would not confide it, but for the first time in his twenty two years of his experience his prediction has gone wrong.

Elena stared at Mike bewildered.

Mike smiled in reply.

Mr Stanley started on with the murder case.

After a long row of questioning. He asked"why do you think your finger print was present in the murder weapon "

"I have no idea, officer"he said.

Stanley choked," can you get me some water miss? "

Elena heeled off to kitchen.

Stanley edged closer to the table. "don't fool around me kid"

Mike sat there serene and composed but a bit annoyed "do you think I am that lame to leave my finger print if I kill someone. "

"just because I fool around with Elena doesn't mean I am stupid. And Mr officer you needn't fear Elena is safe by my side"he whispered leaning in.

Elena chimed in with water which Mr Stanley drank quietly.

Mr Stanley asked a few more questions, but he still had an uneasy feeling. The boy is not what he seems like. He wondered why he felt overprotective for the girl.

--------

Elena confronted mike "you tried to kill yourself? "

"just like you candy I was suicidal too"Mike said.

"how did you know? "she asked.

"you were trying to jump from the cliff where I planned to jump "he smirked.

"I never knew "she said hugging him as tears dripped down her moist cheeks.

"you saved me yesterday "he said "I am sorry that you had to deal with it on your own. "

"whatever the problems are let's face it together"

"together"elena repeated clenching on to his chest.
-------
I have answered one of the biggest question in this series
--------