Chapter 2: Return to Form

Y/N P.O.V.

"You need to calculate your attacks," Y/N instructed. "Don't just swing wildly hoping to hit your opponent." Ryuko growled. 

"Who needs technique when you're pissed off!?" Ryuko yelled. Y/N parried her attack and knocked her off balance, but regained her balance and dodged his strike.

"I think it'd be best if we took a short break" Y/N said. They both sat against the walls of the sewer. Y/N tossed Ryuko a water bottle."You seem stressed. Something wrong?" 

"Senketsu was being kinda ominous last night." Ryuko responded. "He felt like he had goosebumps."

 "Huh, that's weird." Y/N said. "Did he say anything about it?"

"No, he didn't." Ryuko responded. "He seemed scared thought." 'That's odd. He doesn't seem like he would be scared... unless he knows something. Maybe Ryuko's in danger?'  Y/N wondered. 'There's always the Elite 4, not to mention Satsuki and Minuado.'  Ryuko frowned. "You seem oddly okay with the concept of my uniform talking."

"Yeah, that's because I have my own Kamui." Y/N explained. "His name is Zandatsu."

"That explains the eyes on your chest." Ryuko said. "Does your Kamui talk to you too?"

"It did, back when I used to use it." Y/N responded. "I haven't activated him in years though..."

"Why not?" Ryuko asked.

"It give me bad memories." Y/N said. "This Kamui is what I wore back when I was a killer, back when..." Y/N began to tear up.

"You don't need to say it, I get it." Ryuko reassured him. "I should probably head home."

"Ok, see you tomorrow." Y/N said.

As night fell, Y/N lay there thinking about the voice of Zandatsu. The piece of clothing that his father had given him to subdue him and control him. Zandatsu was a constant reminder that he was a killer. Even if he'd abandoned that life, it was still a part of him. He stared at his Seki Tekko glove, pondering whether or not he should try activating Zandatsu for a moment. 'Nah, there's no point.'  Y/N thought.

He woke up the following morning and walked into the school courtyard. He waited next to the gates for Ryuko to arrive. "Hey Y/N!" Ryuko and Mako walked into the courtyard. 

"Hey girls," Y/N said, waving. 

"I heard you 2 were hanging out yesterday after school by yourselves!" Mako exclaimed. "Are you guys in love or something?!" Y/N wasn't sure how to respond. He hadn't thought about it that much, but...

"What, no!" Ryuko yelled. "We were just training!"

"Oh, ok!" Mako said. "What's in that case, Y/N?"

"Oh, my sword," Y/N responded.

"You have a sword?!" Mako asked. "Cool!"

"Yeah... anyways, we should get to class," Y/N said.

"Wait!" Ryuko said. "Something's not right... it's too quiet."

"Look!" Senketsu yelled. Ryuko and Y/N looked and saw a large staircase. Satsuki was walking down it, with Minuado at her side. 'Huh, this is the 1st time I've gotten a good look at this guy.'  Y/N thought. He had long black hair that he kept in a man bun, he had a 3 star Goku Uniform on, and he had his katana's sheath strapped to his right hip. He was about the same height as Satsuki.

"Satsuki Kiryuin!" Ryuko yelled running towards her. Y/N held out a hand out in front of Ryuko.

"Wait!" Y/N whisper-shouted. "This might be what Senketsu was worried about."