Chapter 4: To be Tardy is Unacceptable!

Y/N P.O.V.

'Goddamn, I hate alarm clocks.'  Y/N thought. 'It's never anything good. It's either meant military training, or school... and now it's early! Why the hell's it going off so early?!'  Y/N opened his bloodshot eyes and grabbed his sword. "Shut the hell up!" Y/N yelled, charging at the alarm clock.

"No! Y/N!" Mako yelled, standing in his way. "We only have 1 alarm clock!"

"W- why... why?!" Y/N yelled. Y/N shook his head and slowly opened his eyes. "Why did it go off early?" he asked calmly.

"Because it's No Tardy Day!" Mako explained. Y/N tilted his head in confusion.

"Huh?" Y/N asked. "No Tardy Day?"

"Yeah!" Mako exclaimed. "It's a day of reckoning! Anyone who's tardy gets kicked out of school!"

"That seems... very counterproductive," Y/N said. 

"Whatever, we need to hurry," Ryuko said.

"Don't need to tell me twice," Y/N replied. They ate their croquettes as quickly as they could and ran outside. 

"Alright, gimme Senketsu," Ryuko said.

"Not until he's done ironing," Sukuyo replied.

"But-"

"No buts." Sukuyo said. "We'll mail it to the school later." Ryuko groaned. Y/N patted Ryuko on the shoulder.

"Hey, worst comes to worst, I can do the fighting." Y/N reassured her. 

"Yeah, but...." Ryuko trailed off, looking down at her pajamas. "This isn't a uniform."

"So?" Y/N asked. "If they try to kick us out, we'll just beat 'em up." Ryuko pouted. 

"Alright then," she submitted. They walked outside. Gamagori was giving a speech about the obstacle course.

"ANY STUDENTS WHO DON'T REACH THE SCHOOL IN TIME WILL- WHAT THE HELL?!" Gamagori yelled. "THAT IS NOT A REGULATION UNIFORM!" Ryuko blushed and tried to cover herself.

"B-but my Kamui's getting delivered!" Ryuko explained. 

"YOUR CHOICE IN DRESS TODAY VIOLATES THE LAWS OF THIS ACADEMY!" Gamagori persisted. "IT'S A MORTAL INSULT!" Y/N grabbed his sword. 'Huh, I'm surprised no one's using this opportunity to attack Ryuko,'  Y/N thought. 

"Listen, big guy." Y/N grunted. "If you wanna get violent, I'm-"

"It is so not!" Mako interrupted. Y/N and Gamagori both stared at Mako. 'Mankanshoku? The hell are you doing?!'  Y/N thought. "Ryuko's uniform is in the wash today, so she's wearing her pajamas. Don't you ever wear pajamas?"

"No, I sleep in the nude," Gamagori responded. 

"Didn't really need to know that..." Y/N muttered.

"What?! But if you don't wear pajamas, you'll catch a cold!" Mako pointed out. "Then who'll discipline everyone?!"

"YOUNG LADY! WHAT'S YOUR NAME?" Gamagori asked.

"My name is Mako Mankanshoku!" Mako replied.

"MANKANSHOKU, EH? I'LL REMEMBER THAT." Gamagori said. "MATOI! I'VE DECIDED TO OVERLOOK YOUR SITUATION FOR TODAY! BUT I'M CURIOUS HOW YOU'RE PLANNING TO REACH THE SCHOOL WITHOUT YOUR PRECIOUS KAMUI."

"She's not gonna need it." Y/N said. "I've got my own Kamui."

"REGARDLESS, ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN THE OBSTACLE COURSE!" Gamagori said. Y/N tuned him out. 'What the hell's the point of all this? It almost seems like Satsuki's just doing this to be cruel for the sake of being cruel.'  Y/N thought. 'Sure, it might make people want to get 1 star Goku Uniforms, but isn't living in the slums enough punishment for no-stars?'