Chapter 19: Cold Wind

Y/N P.O.V.

The door slammed open, leaving a tall figure silhouetted by the light shining in. "Y/N, Ryuko, it's time to prepare yourselves," Satsuki said, tossing Zandatsu to Y/N. Y/N caught him and walked towards the door. 

"I'll go change," Y/N said, walking out of the room. Y/N made his way to the bathroom and changed, then splashed some water on his face. Upon seeing his scar again, he came to a realization. 'Sundowner seemed pretty confident in his ability to beat us. I could maybe make the stretch that he knew about me being weakened, but what about Ryuko?' Y/N wondered. 'He never would have been able to kill her with her regeneration, unless... could that weapon have killed her?' Y/N put on his Kamui and grabbed his sword, then ran out to join Satsuki & Ryuko. 

Satsuki & Ryuko were talking outside. Y/N couldn't tell what they were talking about, but Satsuki was smirking and Ryuko was blushing and looking down. "Did I miss something?" Y/N asked. Satsuki looked at Ryuko, still smirking. 

"Nah, nothing," Ryuko said. 

"Anyways, what's the plan?" Y/N asked. 

"Our plan is to kill anyone standing between us and the original life fiber, then we neutralize it before my mother can use it to destroy the world," Satsuki said.

 "How do you plan to destroy the original life fiber?" Y/N asked. 

"Well-" Missiles suddenly started to hit the ship. 

"The hell?!" Y/N exclaimed. 

A giant COVER suddenly landed on the yard of the ship. 'Huh, wouldn't be the 1st giant death machine I've killed this week,' Y/N thought. "I've got it," Y/N said, drawing the Murasama. 

"What up bitches, here I am!" Mako yelled, running out in a Goku Uniform.

 "Huh?!" Y/N yelled. 

"There's no time; just leave the COVER to us!" Sanageyama yelled. 

"Besides, with your injury, your chances of beating that COVER in single combat have greatly diminished," Inumuta added. 

"Uh, ok if you say-" Y/N started. 

"Yeah! You don't need to get yourself killed you nerd," Jakuzare said.

 "Ok! I get it!" Y/N yelled, activating his Kamui. Ryuko and Satsuki followed suit, then they all flew off to fight Ragyo.

As they flew towards Honnoji Academy, they received a call from Inumuta. "I did a bit of research, and I think I may have found why Nui Harime's arms didn't regenerate," Inumuta said.

"Kindly enlighten us," Y/N said.

"The scissor blade, Bakuzan, and the High Frequency blades that have been created by L/N PMC can cut through life fibers; ordinary life fibers." Inumuta explained. "But some life fibers are tougher, and can regenerate, even if they've already been cut through." Y/N stared down at the scar on his left arm, then at the scar on his chest.

"And don't tell me: You've figured out how to keep them from regenerating," Y/N said.

 "Exactly. If you cut the life fibers from both sides simultaneously, it inhibits them from regenerating." Inumuta explained. "Dr. Matoi knew this, and that's why he designed the rending scissors."

"Looks like Dr. Matoi wasn't the only one." Y/N said. "I was wondering why Sundowner seemed so confident in his ability to kill us... it's a good thing we were wary of those Pincer-Blades."