Chapter 16: Not Even 1,000 Stabs...

Y/N P.O.V.

'Huh, I wonder what this means for L/N PMC' Y/N thought. 'Probably should have asked him before he died. They're supposedly allied with Ragyo, but I haven't seen anything from L/N PMC apart from the mechs, as well as my family.' "Y/N!" Mako yelled. "Let's get back to the chopper!"  'Damn, they've got Ryuko' Y/N remembered. He hadn't given it much thought ever since he left Honnoji Academy. "Yeah, let's go" Y/N said. They he climbed up the wall of wreckage, getting a small cut on his arm from a piece of shrapnel. He didn't care too much though; his life fibers would heal it. As they waled back to the chopper, Mako noticed the cut. "Your arm's bleeding" Mako said. Y/N chuckled. "Relax, it'll heal" Y/N said. Mako looked down. Y/N wasn't quite sure, but it seemed like there was something she wanted to say. "Something wrong?" Y/N asked. Mako looked back at him. "I got a report from Mr. Mikisugi while you were fighting your dad" Mako said. "You might not want to hear it." Y/N felt a little nervous. Mako knew him well enough, so if she thought he didn't want to hear, it probably wasn't good. Nevertheless, it was likely important. "What is it?" Y/N asked. "It's about Ryuko" Mako said. Y/N simultaneously wanted to know, and didn't want to know, but he would find out either way, so he might as well hear it from Mako. "Apparently Lady Ragyo forced her into Junketsu, then used Junketsu to alter her memories" Mako explained. "She's against us now, and she's fighting Lady Satsuki, who's wearing Senketsu." Y/N said nothing. He was too shocked about the situation. He stared at Sam's sword. 'He said this would cut through even the smallest of life fibers. If I fight Ryuko with this thing, would she die?' Y/N wondered. It almost felt too risky, but how was he supposed to fight without his sword? His other High Frequency Blades were gone, and Nui still probably had her hands on the other scissor blade. "We need to get back to the base quickly; Satsuki won't be able to hold her off for much longer" Y/N said. They all rushed back to the helicopter.

As they flew back, Y/N found himself staring at Sam's blade again. 'Even though I've pieced most of my past together, Sam remains a mystery. He was trying to get revenge for me, yet he tried to kill me, but then he gave me this blade... I can't understand him' Y/N thought. It hadn't felt like that much time had passed, but suddenly they were approaching the base. Y/N looked out the window and saw Ryuko fighting off the elite 4, and Satsuki facing off against Nui. "Damn, I need to get down there" Y/N said. Landing the chopper was going to be difficult with all the fighting going on, so Y/N opened the door and jumped out. He landed near Satsuki and Nui. "Y/N? What are you doing here?" Nui asked. Satsuki grinned and knocked Nui back. "I take it you've completed your mission" Satsuki said. Her eyes were immediately drawn to the sword Y/N was carrying. "Yeah" Y/N confirmed. "What happened to Sam?" Satsuki asked. Y/N looked down. "We had a duel to the death" Y/N explained. "But he left me this sword to kill our father with." Satsuki looked down as well. "Shame. He was a good friend" Satsuki said. "Yeah, mind if we swap weapons?" Y/N asked. "Huh?" Satsuki asked. "Yeah, I'm a little worried that this thing might kill Ryuko. I was wondering if you could use the Murasama, and I could use your Bakuzan shards" Y/N explained. "Very well" Satsuki responded, handing them over. You gave her the Murasama, and started walking towards Ryuko. "Wait, Y/N" Satsuki said. "I might have a plan for restoring Matoi's memories." Y/N turned around. "Really? What is it?!" Y/N asked. "I you can inflict a wound on her, then we can stuff Senketsu in the wound, and then he can use his powers to restore her memories" Satsuki explained. The idea sounded crazy, even crazier than usual. "How the hell do you know that will work?" Y/N asked. "You'll have to trust me on this one" Satsuki responded. Y/N sighed and went to go fight Ryuko. Something was bothering him though: The cut on his arm hadn't healed.

 Ryuko was still fighting off the elite 4; she hadn't even noticed Y/N land on the ship. "Ryuko!" Y/N yelled. Ryuko turned around and saw him. "Y/N? Please tell me these people were lying about you being on their side" Ryuko demanded. Y/N kept walking. He had the longer Bakuzan blade drawn, with the knife concealed. "Can't say they were" Y/N said. "Back off, everyone. I'll take her from here." Ryuko looked pissed. "If there's one thing I can't goddamn stand, it's a turncloak! Why would you betray us? I thought we had something!" Ryuko yelled. That cut deep. Y/N got angrier than he already was. "Whatever Ragyo did, I'm going to fix it" Y/N declared. One way or another, he was going to get Ryuko back to normal. They both charged each other, and the clash began. Y/N had planned to power through her attacks and inflict a wound quickly, but something disheartened him from that idea. Every time her blades would come close to him, he would remember the cut on his arm, and he would parry her attacks, rather than going in for a strike. She had him on the defensive, sending a volley of strikes that were near impossible to block. Y/N's position was deteriorating quickly, as Ryuko started landing minor strikes on his arms, or his torso. Y/N jumped back a little to recover. The strikes themselves seemed minuscule, but they weren't healing. 'What the hell is going on?!' Y/N wondered. "Aww, what happened to your regeneration?" Ryuko taunted. 'Dammit, this isn't going to work' Y/N realized. No matter how hard he tried, Ryuko was the better fighter. With his regeneration malfunctioning, trying to inflict a wound on Ryuko would be too dangerous. He only had one other idea. As he recovered, Mako tried to give a hallelujah speech to Ryuko, but she ended up having to be bailed out by Senketsu.