Chapter 17: Kids Are Cruel

Y/N P.O.V.

"Good evenin', boy" the stranger said. "What the hell do you want?" Ryuko asked. "Calm down, Ryuko. He might be here to help with the fight" Y/N said. "I think I made it mighty-fucking obvious what I want!" The stranger yelled. "I want to see Y/N." Y/N stepped forward. "And here I am" Y/N said. "Mind telling me who you are, exactly?" "Me? I'm basically the guy who leads your dad's armies into battle. Name's Sundowner" the stranger responded. Y/N smiled. "Let me guess; the company's been passed down to me, and now you've come to help us fight Ragyo?" Y/N asked. Sundowner laughed. "Fraid' not, boy." Sundowner said. "Y'see, since you killed your daddy, we were all out of work. Lady Ragyo's payin' us to take you out!" Y/N's smile faded. "Satsuki and I will inherit our parents' respective fortunes when this is over. We can pay you however much you want" Y/N said. Sundowner caressed the handles of his blades. "See, we could do that, but Lady Ragyo's offer works better for us" Sundowner said. "Your father was a good leader boy, but Ragyo had the right idea for an army; turning kids into weapons of war." Y/N was taken aback. "Even a man as ruthless as my father knew that there was a line to be drawn there. They're just kids, you son of a bitch!" Y/N yelled. "Aye, they're kids, and kids are cruel! All people are by nature, they just lose touch with it as they get older!" Sundowner explained. "They become peace-loving pansies that go on and on about stopping war. Well why don't we hear speeches about all the good war has done for us?! How's an honest warmonger supposed to make a living?!" Y/N didn't know what to say. 'After talking to this guy, my dad doesn't seem that terrible' Y/N thought. "Ragyo understands all that, and she's willing to make the best of it! Your father might not have been a fan of it, but he was still the leader we chose, and he still gave us what we needed! But you?! You'd have us go out of business by ending this war with the life fibers so soon!" Sundowner declared. "You can deny the usefulness of converting kids into killing machines, but your existence is proof of its efficiency. You've been tearing right through anything we send at you." Y/N readied his sword. "Yes, I've torn through everything you sent at me" Y/N said, looking at his scissor blade. "I've beaten several life fiber-enhanced super soldiers that fight for a living, my own brother who can beat Kamui users without any enhancements, and my father, who even Ragyo Kiryuin didn't know if she could beat. What makes you think that you'll be any different?" Y/N asked calmly. "Glad you asked, boy" Sundowner said. "Your brother had technique, and your father was really powerful, but neither of them were cruel enough to beat you; that's where I break this mold" Sundowner declared. Y/N was about to attack Sundowner, when he suddenly heard a door opening behind him. "We heard Mako yelling; what's going on?!" Satsuki asked. 'Crap, I forgot about Mako' Y/N realized. She was standing in the middle of the dock, a few yards behind Sundowner. "You've got good timing, Satsuki" Y/N said. "This guy's here to kill me." Satsuki drew the Murasama and Ryuko readied her scissor blade. "Yeah, I'mma have to ask y'all to stay out of this" Sundowner said. "And if we decline?" Satsuki asked. Sundowner pointed to Mako. "See her?" Sundowner asked. "If y'all don't play by my rules, she dies." As if on cue, a bunch of soldiers surrounding Mako came out of stealth camo for a second, to make their presence known. "Invisibility camo? That's bullshit!" Y/N yelled. "Is it though? Seems like your pal Inumuta put you through the ringer using optical camouflage" Sundowner said. Satsuki sheathed the Murasama. "See? That's better" Sundowner said. "Thanks for cooperatin'. I haven't got all day." Y/N was puzzled. "Why's that?" Y/N asked. "Don't matter. Even if you left right now, the covers'd slow you down too much to get to Ragyo; and killing you is gonna take some time, slow and painful." Sundowner said.

The shields on Sundowner's back popped up and began to arrange themselves along Sundowner's sides. "Like I said, kids are cruel! And I'm very in touch with my inner child!" Sundowner said, laughing maniacally as he drew his swords. 'Damn, I hope I've healed up enough' Y/N thought, before charging at Sundowner. He swung at Sundowner from the right, then responded to Sundowner's parry with a swift spin attack from the top left. Unfortunately, Sundowner had his other blade ready and parried the strike, following it up with a strike of his own. Y/N blocked the strike, but he was sent sliding across the deck. Y/N got up and charged at Sundowner again. This time, Sundowner prepared a double-overhead strike, so Y/N dodged to the right and kicked Sundowner in the ribs, then cut across his stomach. Sundowner yelled out in pain, then swung horizontally towards Y/N. Y/N tried to back-vault away from it, but his torso screamed out in pain, and he collapsed. 'Damn, not having regeneration really sucks!' Y/N thought. Sundowner charged at Y/N with blades that were ready to cut him in half, but he dodged behind him and swung towards Sundowner. Right before Y/N's scissor hit Sundowner, the shields rearranged themselves to cover Sundowner's back. Upon contact, there was an explosion that sent Y/N flying backwards. Y/N hit the ground and was sent rolling head over heels, which only made his torso hurt more. "The hell?!" Y/N yelled, struggling to his feet. "I'm fuckin' invincible!" Sundowner bellowed. The door suddenly opened, and the elite 4 exited.  "His shields seem to be outfitted with explosives" Inumuta said. "What? That's bullshit!" Y/N yelled. "Ya can't break this shield, boy!" Sundowner yelled. "Wanna bet?!" Y/N retorted. Y/N charged at Sundowner, and on cue the shields covered Sundowner's front. "Y/N, catch!" Inumuta yelled, tossing Y/N a pair of goggles. Y/N stopped and caught them. "Thanks, but what are these?" Y/N asked. "They function similarly to that eye-patch monocle thing that you used on me. It should reveal some weak points in your opponent's defense" Inumuta explained. "Thanks a bunch!" Y/N yelled, putting on the goggles.