Chapter 14: Kinslayer

Y/N readied his sword, as did Sam. "Show me a good time, brother" Sam taunted. "Try not to fall for the same trick as last time." Y/N smirked. "Don't worry, I've learned since last time" Y/N said. 'Huh, he hasn't mentioned my regeneration abilities' Y/N noticed. 'Maybe he doesn't know about them? Although I doubt Ragyo would keep him out of the loop. Maybe the sword's just sharp enough to cut through life fibers.' Y/N thought. 'That's something I'd rather not test out. I'll only suffer damage if it's absolutely necessary.' Y/N ran at him and swung at him with a diagonal cut from the left, but Sam easily parried it. Y/N jumped back, anticipating an attack, but none came. Sam simply stood there and yawned. "Seems I was wrong. You haven't improved one bit!" Sam yelled as he charged Y/N. He swung at Y/N with a vertical strike, a horizontal strike, then he sheathed his sword above his head for a brief second. He immediately used his quick draw to swing a diagonal strike at Y/N, then he swung another diagonal strike from his upper left. Y/N managed to parry all of the strikes, then follow it up with a series of diagonal swings moving upwards. Sam parried each of Y/N's strikes, so Y/N followed his combo up with a corkscrew spin that cut all around him. Sam managed to parry his strikes, and then sheathed his sword again. He jumped back and charged his sword for a couple of seconds, then charged at Y/N and swung quickly enough that it seemed like he was swinging in multiple different directions at the same time. Y/N managed to parry the 1st swing and jump out of the way of the others. Y/N quickly followed it up with a counter strike that knocked Sam off balance, so Y/N quickly charged Sam and tried to cut at his stomach. Y/N barely managed to scratch his stomach, as Sam was too quick with his recovery. Sam quickly backflipped away from Y/N, leaving Y/N leaning forward and off balance. Sam charged Y/N and swung a couple more strikes at Y/N. The speed of the strikes was so quick that Y/N could barely parry them. Y/N got cut across the chest by one of his strikes, but managed to parry his 4th strike and cut Sam's eye out. Sam yelled out in pain and jumped back, his hand over where his eye used to be. "Hehehe... Maybe I was wrong" Sam chuckled. "Perhaps you have improved." "Better believe I have" Y/N said. "Still, your technique lacks something" Sam said, jumping even further back. Y/N tried to charge him, but Sam struck at a rock with enough ferocity to send it flying at Y/N. It slammed into Y/N and knocked him on his back. Sam jumped forth and stabbed at Y/N, but Y/N rolled to the side and quickly got up. Sam's blade stabbed into the ground, which gave Y/N an opportunity to strike at him. Y/N swung a vertical strike, so Sam let go of his grounded sword and caught Y/N's blade between his hands. Y/N put even more strength into trying to swing downwards, but Sam was giving him a fight. Y/N eventually managed to cut downwards, which knocked Sam back. Y/N stood between Sam and his sword, thinking that the battle was over. Y/N prepared to relieve Sam of his Goku Uniform, but Sam grabbed his arm and threw him to the ground. Sam backflipped and grabbed his sword, which he then prepared for battle again. Y/N got up and faced Sam again. Sam was good at hiding it, but Y/N could still see a hint of shock on his face. He didn't seem afraid to die or to lose, he just seemed shocked that he might finally be bested. Sam prepared an all out attack. He jumped back twice, as far as he could, sheathed his sword, and began charging it. He charged it for about 5 seconds before he charged at Y/N, then let loose a series of 3 lightning quick strikes. Y/N tried desperately to make sure that no limbs were severed, so he did his best to parry the strikes. The 1st strike he could see coming, so he managed to parry it. The 2nd strike was a lot more sudden. Luckily his limbs weren't severed, but there was a gash left across his chest. Y/N hunched over in pain, barely able to parry the 3rd strike. Y/N fell to one knee, propping himself up with his sword. He looked over to where Sam had gone, expecting to be met with another strike, but Sam seemed to be panting. Sam jumped back again, but this time Y/N had a plan. Y/N ignored the pain in his front, knowing that it would soon regenerate. As Sam charged Y/N, Y/N jumped off to the side and swung towards where he was before he jumped. Nothing happened the 1st 2 times, but he managed to cut into Sam's side as he passed the 3rd time. Sam let out a grunt of pain, then panted some more once he finished his assault. 'I've just got to tire him out and keep chipping away at him' Y/N realized. Y/N ran over to him and began swinging at him as quickly and fiercely as he could. Sam managed to parry 5 of Y/N's strikes, but he soon tired out from parrying and stumbled backwards.