Chapter 12: A Little More Like You

Y/N P.O.V.

Mikisugi stood atop a wall next to the water. 'What was I just feeling? What's going on with Ryuko?' Y/N wondered. "OH. MY. GOD! Mr. Mikisugi, is that you?!" Mako asked. "Are you an exhibitionist?" Mako asked. "Actually-" Mikisugi began. "That means that you're into the same stuff as Ryuko and Y/N" Mako said. "We are so not" they all said in unison. "Sorry Mako, but you can't come along on this" Ryuko said. "You should listen to her. If you come with us, you'd be throwing yourself smack-dab into a world of hurt" Mikisugi warned. "But I'm her friend, and that means that no matter where she goes, I go too and none of you can stop me" Mako declared. They all jumped into the water, with the exception of Ryuko and Y/N. "Wait, we're swimming?" Ryuko asked. "Huh, I knew there was a reason that place felt so claustrophobic" Y/N said to himself. "That's right. This is the way to all the answers you want" Mikisugi said. "Let's go skinny dipping!" Mikisugi yelled, dipping under the water. "When he says it like that, he makes it seem a lot more mundane than it really is" Y/N said, prompting Ryuko to chuckled. "Well, c'mon then" Ryuko said, grabbing Y/N by the hand and pulling him into the water with her. His heart almost skipped a beat when she grabbed his hand. 'Again, what the hell is going on? I've never minded when Ryuko has made physical contact in the past' Y/N observed. They dove under the waves and swam for a while. 'Huh, it's a good thing that my arm is water proof' Y/N thought to himself. They pulled up in a cave under Osaka. "Osaka has a cave under it?" Ryuko asked. They began walking through the ruined base. "Jeez, Jakuzure leveled this place something fierce" Y/N observed. "Yeah, but there's more to it than just this" Mikisugi said. They walked through a sliding door into a large cave area. A bunch of soldiers saluted Mikisugi as they walked in. "H-how'd your Nudist Beachers have enough money to pay for all this?" Ryuko asked. "It all comes from your father" Mikisugi responded. "After all, he was a brilliant scientist. Not to mention, he had a lot of patents. His money made this organization possible" Mikisugi explained. 

Mikisugi led the into a classroom-esque area and began drawing on the chalkboard. "Your turn, Ryuko. Of all the creatures on earth, which ones wear clothing?" Mikisugi asked. "Just us humans" Ryuko responded. Mikisugi began a lecture on how clothing made humans evolve. He explained that life fibers were alien parasites that would feed on the life force of living organisms, and that they had chosen to evolve humans for the purpose of making humans their food. "You mean, I'll try to eat Ryuko?!" Senketsu asked. "What a twist!" Zandatsu said in a Shyamalan voice. "Calm down guys, we haven't heard the whole story" Ryuko reassured them. "If that's true, then why aren't the life fibers in everyone's clothes?" Ryuko asked. "I mean, supposedly this has been going on for years, yet we're only finding out about this now?" "We have a theory about that. Supposedly the life fibers that helped us evolve went dormant, but they conditioned us to wear clothes" Mikisugi explained. "But 20 years ago, Ragyo Kiryuin made contact with the primordial life fiber, and they woke up." "You ok?" Ryuko asked Y/N. Y/N was staring at the ground trying to process all this. "My father knew about this. He used to tell me stories about parasites from space that were in our clothes, but I never knew what he meant" Y/N explained. "He's the head of a Private Military Company, and he's training forces for Ragyo Kiryuin." Mikisugi looked shocked about this. "Who's your father?" Mikisugi asked. "Steven L/N" Y/N replied. "And Minuado is my older brother, Samuel L/N." Everyone looked shocked about this but Ryuko. Senketsu came back into the fray. "So, this whole time... I've just been waiting for you to mature? Is that why I drink your blood? Because you're my food?!" Senketsu asked. "Calm down, Senketsu. You're not anything like that!" Ryuko reassured. "I just blew Senketsu's mind, didn't I" Mikisugi said. "I hate to blow your mind even further, but you guys are our only hope. Dr. Matoi created Senketsu with the purpose of fighting life fibers. And the only one who can wear it to its full potential" Mikisugi said. "You've always had a high tolerance for life fibers, which gave Dr. Matoi the idea" he explained. "But it makes me wonder, where did Y/N get his Kamui? And how is he able to wear it so well?" Y/N didn't stray his gaze from the ground. "My father gave it to me. I'm not sure why I'm able to wear it" Y/N explained. "I suppose that having a partnership with the Kiryuins could get you a Kamui, but it makes me wonder why you got the Kamui instead of your older brother" Mikisugi said. Y/N had no comment. 'Why would I get a Kamui before Sam?' Y/N wondered. "Anyways, Ryuko; your father used to work for the Kiryuins, studying life fibers. He learned about the threat they posed, so he left and started an organization to stop her: Nudist Beach" Mikisugi explained. "I remember now. I was born in that underground lab, then I was put to sleep for 6 months, then Ryuko showed up" Senketsu said. "I'm sorry for keeping you in the dark for so long, but the Kiryuins are powerful, especially with the L/Ns backing them. I couldn't tell you the full story until I was sure that you could control Senketsu's power" Mikisugi explained. "Until today, I wouldn't have believed any of this" Ryuko admitted. Mikisugi explained that Ragyo owned a clothing empire called REVOCS, and that they had clothing all over the world with life fibers woven into it. He explained that they will eventually wake up, and the death counter for the human race will begin to count down. "Oooh, I get it! You guys want me to use good ol' Senketsu here to fight for humanity?! Well you can blow it out your ass!" Ryuko yelled. "Calm down, Ryuko" Mikisugi said. "So you think Senketsu's just a weapon, huh? Just a uniform made to fight, huh?!" Ryuko yelled. "He's got a mind of his own. You want him to go and kill his own kind? Can't you see how messed up that is? Well I can!" Ryuko declared, ripping Senketsu off. "I'm not putting you on to fight anymore, and you don't have to fight either" Ryuko declared. Tsumugu picked up his gun. "Kamui that don't fight are useless. And useless Kamui get killed" Tsumugu said. "You'll have through me 1st" Ryuko said. "This isn't necessary" Y/N said. "I might not use my Kamui quite as well as Ryuko, but I can still fight the Kiryuins" Y/N said, using his sword to lower Tsumugu's gun. Y/N walked over to Ryuko. His nerves were acting up again, especially now that Ryuko was only wearing her underwear, but Y/N ignored them. He stood next to Ryuko, then grabbed her by the hand and looked her in the eye. "You don't have to fight if you don't want to. You've had enough, but I don't know if I can defeat the Kiryuins on my own. I may need your help, so can I count on you?" Y/N asked. Ryuko was silent, simply staring back at Y/N with a shocked expression. "Ryuko, I'm flattered that you'd stand up for me like that, but put me on" Senketsu said. "Y/N... Senketsu..." Ryuko said. "C'mon, you'll-" Y/N began. "-Catch a cold like that" Senketsu said. "Exactly" Y/N said. "Catch a cold? Man, you guys are something else" Ryuko said, putting Senketsu back on.