Chapter 3: Rest & Relaxation

A/N: This is mostly just a fluff chapter, but there is some relevance to the plot at first. I'll leave a note further down in the story that will tell you when it goes from importance to fluff, so yeah.

Y/N P.O.V.

"Think we'll be able to take 'em all down?" Y/N asked. 

"We did pretty well against Satsuki, so I'm not worried about the rest of 'em," Ryuko said. Y/N looked down. "What's up?"

"Nothing, just... thinking." Y/N said. "Minuado saw how well we were fighting, but he challenged us. He didn't even hesitate." 

"You're right, but he's prolly still weaker than Satsuki." Ryuko said. "I mean, if he was the stronger one, wouldn't he be in charge?"

"Probably..." Y/N muttered. "Plus, there's the Elite 4."

"I wouldn't worry about them." Ryuko said. "They're prolly all talk."

"I mean, I guess all they have to compare to are the other students," Y/N said. "Almost any decent fighter would be a cut above the average Honnoji student." 

"Oh, Like those students who kicked your ass a couple days ago?" Ryuko teased.

"Nah, I'm thinkin' more like the one who kicked your ass on your first day," Y/N shot back. They both got onto the cable car.

"The one who's ass I kicked back?" Ryuko reminded him. Y/N rolled his eyes. 

"I think going toe-to-toe with Satsuki kinda makes up for me getting my ass kicked," Y/N said. Ryuko grinned.

"Relax, I'm just teasin'," Ryuko chided.

"Hey guys! Wait up!"Mako yelled. She climbed onto the cable car with them. "Wow you guys were so cool! You had Satsuki on the ropes!"

"Thanks..." Y/N said. Y/N moved his hand over the gash in his side. "I'm a bit rusty though. We need to keep training if we want to beat Satsuki."

"We?" Ryuko asked. "No offense, but I'm not the one covered in stab wounds."

"Trust me, if you could've beaten her, you would've." Y/N pointed out. "The only reason we didn't beat her today is 'cause we can't... not yet anyways." Y/N stared down at the town. "I should probably head back to my place."

"You should crash with us." Ryuko offered. "You saved my life, it's the least I can do."

"Yeah! Come live with us!" Mako yelled. Y/N stared at them, confused.

"You guys barely know me... and you want me to come live with you?" Y/N asked. 

"Yeah!" Mako responded. "The way you helped Ryuko and stood up to Satsuki, you can't be that bad! Besides, you've already met my family!" Y/N looked down.

"Hmm..." Y/N smiled. "Sure!"

"Yay!" Mako yelled.

"It's settled then." Ryuko said. "Welcome to the family, pal."

"No more sewer diving for you!" Mako yelled.

"Don't call it that..." Y/N said, rolling his eyes. Ryuko chuckled. "Let me guess... croquettes for dinner?"

"You betcha!" Mako yelled.

They walked back to Mako's house. "So, should we keep training in the sewers?" Y/N asked. "Kinda smells down there, but our training's gonna be pretty destructive now that we're both usin' Kamui."

"We don't gotta train with our Kamui," Ryuko said. 

"Your dad always told me it was best to practice as close to the real thing as you could." Y/N said. Ryuko looked down. "You alright?" Y/N scratched the back of his neck.