Chapter 8: Election Time

"Today, we embark on the complete overhaul of the student council! If you participate, you have free reign to attack your peers! There are no restrictions on weapons or tacticts! All survivors will meet here in 7 days! Those survivors will fight for their social standing! An election in the form of a battle royale! If you emerge victorious, I will grant you your own Goku Uniform!" Satsuki declared in another one of her speeches. She put up a big shield around the top of the school. The school descended into anarchy without her rule, with the bodies piling up extremely high around the school. 

Y/N P.O.V.

"Mind if I borrow your scooter?" Ryuko asked. "Yeah sure" Barazō responded. Ryuko walked outside and got on the scooter, and Y/N followed her out. "Where are you going?" He asked. "Oh, nowhere really" Ryuko responded. "Mind if I tag along" Y/N asked. "Not at all" she responded. He sat on the scooter behind her and put his arms around her waist. She blushed and smiled, but said "I think you might want to hold on a little tighter, else you'll fall off." "Good point" Y/N responded, grabbing a little tighter. "Ahh! That's too tight!" Senketsu yelled out. They both laughed. "Sorry Senketsu" Y/N said, loosening his grip on him. Mako ran out of the house. "I'm coming too!" She yelled, grabbing onto Y/N. "Ah! Dammit!" Zandatsu yelled out. Evreyone laughed. "Now you know how I feel" Senketsu said. They took off. "If we fight in this thing, we'll have to fight the elite 4. You know that right?" Y/N asked. "I know, it's like a free ticket to fighting Satsuki faster" Ryuko responded. "But you remember how our fight against Sanageyama went last time" Y/N reminded her. "We were separated then, this time we'll fight together" Ryuko resolved. "If you say so" Y/N responded. 

They arrived at their destination, which Y/N recognized immediately. It was Ryuko's old house. "I remember this place" Y/N said. "I never saw you living here though." "Yeah, my mom died when I was really young, and my dad was always inside his lab, so he shipped me off to boarding school" Ryuko explained. "I was always getting into fights there, and by highschool, I was a straight-up punk" Ryuko continued. "And then 6 months ago, I got a letter from my dad saying he wanted to talk, but when I got back I saw him pinned to the wall by his own scissor blade. He gave me the scissor blade and told me that if I found the other half of the scissor blade, I would find his killer" Ryuko said. "I took off after his killer though, and then the house set on fire." Ryuko was holding back tears. "I decided right then and there that I would find out who killed him and why, what he wanted to tell me, and find out why he made Senketsu." She sat down next to Y/N. Y/N hugged her close, trying to comfort her. "I'm sorry I don't have any answers, Ryuko" Y/N said. "I lived here for a few years, but Isshin never told me anything. He just gave me this HF blade, and told me to go to Honnoji Academy." "It's ok. One way or another, we'll find the answers" Ryuko said, looking up at Y/N. Mako sat down next to them. "You used to live here too, Y/N?" Mako asked. "Yeah, after my family threw me out, Isshin took me in and raised me" Y/N responded. "Why did your family throw you out? You're such a nice guy!" Mako asked. "It's kind of a long story" Y/N replied. 'And a painful one too' he thought to himself. "We have time" Mako said. Ryuko sat up. "He might not want to talk about it" Ryuko explained. "It's ok, I'll tell the story" Y/N said. Ryuko gave him a concerned look, but let him speak.

Ryuko P.O.V.

He had already told Ryuko the story before, but she was still curious to hear what he had to say. 'If he says he'll be ok, then I'm sure he's ok' Ryuko thought to herself doubtfully. He began his story. "I suffered a brain injury when I was 12, so details may be a bit fuzzy" he warned. "Anyways, my father was the CEO of a Private Military Company. He had a client that wanted his soldiers to test their weapons. Names fail me, but that's what I remember. My father wanted to turn me and my brother into soldiers, but my mother forbade it. My mother died when I was 8, so he started training us to become solders." Ryuko could tell that some of the pain of the past was coming back to Y/N. "You okay?" Ryuko asked him. She hugged him for a second, giving him a little bit of comfort. "Thanks, Ryuko" Y/N said. "Anyways, my regimen consisted of rigorous training every day. When I wasn't doing strength training, he was making me fight soldiers, teaching me how to use a sword, or drilling his ideals into my head. He didn't only want to physically transform me into a soldier, he wanted to instill the personality of a psychopathic killer into my head." Y/N explained. "By the time I was 12, I had suffered enough trauma. I grabbed my sword and snuck into his bedchambers that night. I told him that I had had enough and tried to leave, but my brother entered the room. I don't even remember him drawing his sword, I just remember the feeling of something sharp slicing up my right eye, cutting into my brain." Mako looked shocked. "How did you survive?" She asked. "My father threw me out on the streets to die, but Isshin Matoi found me somehow" Y/N explained. "I think he used life fibers to hear my eye and my brain. There was no permanent damage thanks to Dr. Matoi, apart from this scar" Y/N finished. "Wow, I'm... I'm sorry to hear that" Mako said. "It's fine, I've made peace with my demons. I have you guys now" Y/N said. Y/N and Ryuko smiled at each other. Ryuko stood up. "We should head home now" she said. "Sounds good" Y/N and Mako replied.