Chapter 10: Nui Harime

Y/N P.O.V.

Ryuko was slashing away at Nui, asking her why she would kill her dad. "Your daddy was messing around with things that humans never should" Nui said, trying her hardest to infuriate Ryuko. Y/N was frozen still. He wanted to move, but something was holding him together. 'Is it fear that's holding me back? Is it the need to analyze her moves? Or is it something else?' Y/N wondered. Something about this girl seemed familiar, and it triggered a sense within him that inhibited his movements. He was powerless to help Ryuko. "Calm yourself Ryuko, you're getting too worked up. Your blood's starting to boil" Senketsu warned. Y/N was finally able to move, so he ran toward Ryuko. "Ryuko, she's only trying to make you angrier. We need to stay calm and figure this out" Y/N said. Nui pulled a banshi from Senketsu. Senketsu looked visibly affected by this, though he didn't disappear. "Well, that's a Kamui for you. It must have more than one banshi" Nui said. Nui explained that Isshin Matoi had distracted her with the rending scissors, and that she had no idea about the Kamui. "I don't think you're strong enough to avenge your poor old father. Nope nope nope!" Nui taunted gleefully. Ryuko's rage started to explode. Y/N found the strength to move again. "Ryuko, you need to calm down! It's not safe for Senketsu if your blood boils too much" Y/N warned. "Calm down? Calm down?! She killed my father and you expect me to calm down?!" Ryuko yelled. "She wants you to get angry. If you cave into her demands, you won't be able to avenge Isshin" Y/N reminded her. "Shut up! You have no right to tell me how to feel!" Ryuko yelled. "He raised me too, Ryuko. I miss him too, but we need to stay level-headed about this" Y/N pleaded. "He was never your father. I guess you just didn't love him the way I did" Ryuko said, her rage exploding. Y/N lost his resolve again. Ryuko's comments hurt him a lot. His own father threw him out, how dare she say something like that? Blood started to spray out of Senketsu, and Ryuko transformed into a hideous monster. She was still in a vaguely Ryuko-ish shape, but everything was wrong. Satsuki started to make her way down to where they were fighting. Y/N saw her transform her Kamui. Tsumugu began to attack them, but Nui simply dodged his needles, and Ryuko tanked them. They had no effect on Ryuko though, which worried Y/N even more. Nui started chasing Tsumugu, and Ryuko was chasing Nui. Tsumugu set a trap of explosives, and the 2 pursuers fell. Tsumugu kept setting off traps to attack Ryuko, until Satsuki arrived at the battle field. 

Satsuki P.O.V.

"This has gone far enough, Nui" Satsuki declared. "Ryuko Matoi! Control yourself!" This obviously didn't work. "It's no use. I'll have to put her down for good, though I may need some help" Satsuki resolved. "I'll take this dance" Minuado said. "I appreciate your loyalty" Satsuki said, but she diverted her attention to Y/N, who was standing still in shock. Satsuki jumped over to him. "Y/N! Snap out of it!" Satsuki commanded. "Y/N expression hardened, though he didn't say a word. This clearly wasn't the right approach. Satsuki put her hands on his shoulders. "Do you want to help free your friend form her Kamui?" Satsuki asked. Y/N's expression softened, and he nodded. "Good, but I'll need your help. Are you up for it?" Satsuki asked. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be" Y/N said with resolve. "Good. Minuado! With me!" Satsuki commanded.

Y/N P.O.V. 

Y/N had new resolve, and new confidence now that he had Satsuki and Minuado on his side. Minuado ran up to Ryuko, and what happened next confused Y/N. Minuado grabbed his sword as if he were about to unsheathe it, but Y/N never saw him unsheathe it. One moment it was sheathed, and the next moment it was out and swinging. Y/N had never seen its blade before. It was a ominous crimson blade with an ominous crimson glow, and red lighting would often trudge up and down the blade.

 It was a ominous crimson blade with an ominous crimson glow, and red lighting would often trudge up and down the blade