Chapter 20: The Monsoon of Destruction

A/N: Usually I don't put an A/N before a chapter, but I figured I should probably apologize for taking so long with this one. That said, I think I like how this one turned out, and I hope you'll agree. Anyways, enjoy chapter 20! (BTW, even if it takes a while between chapters, you can rest assured that this story will be finished).

Y/N P.O.V.

"Ok, let's make sure we have this straight. Honnoji Academy is armed to the teeth with super-soldiers, all of whom are getting ready to pilot walking nuke-shooters that are as big as the airbase they were built in, and... it's up to me to kill them all."  Y/N said.

"Actually, I'm not sure if they shoot nukes,"  Zandatsu pointed out. 

"Oh gimme a break." Y/N spat. "Not like I read the freakin' blueprints."

"Whatever man."  Zandatsu replied. "Shouldn't be too difficult anyways. I just did a quick scan, and-"

"How, exactly?" Y/N asked.

"Using your goggles, obviously."  Zandatsu replied. "Point is, they're still prepping the mechs. All you've gotta do is storm the building before they finish. Should be pretty easy, considering how much stronger you are."

"Storm the building?" Y/N asked.

"Uh, yeah!"  Zandatsu asked. "Storm in there and eliminate all threats."

"Hmmm..." Y/N muttered.

"Something wrong?"  Zandatsu asked.

"No, just... maybe." Y/N muttered. "I was just thinking about what Mistral said. I'm doing the right thing, even when I'm killing bastards like Ragyo & my dad, but... what if these are just soldiers following orders?"

"Y/N!"  Zandatsu warned.

"I'm just saying, what if they're not all bad?" Y/N asked.

"Y/N, don't go getting all sentimental on me."  Zandatsu said. "You saw what Sundowner was like. Plus, your dad's dead; they could leave if they want, but they're following Ragyo."

"I... I guess that's true," Y/N admitted.

"Yeah, what are their lives against the world?"  Zandatsu asked. "Listen, Y/N. When you win a fight, don't you feel at least a little bit of satisfaction?"

"I mean yeah, but-"

"Just focus on that."  Zandatsu commanded. "Just focus on the thrill that you get from killing them. It'll make it easier."

"I... maybe." Y/N said. "I'll give them 1 chance to surrender, and if they refuse, I'll eliminate them."

"Fine. Let's move in,"  Zandatsu instructed. Y/N's goggles moved in front of his eyes as they prepared to land.

Y/N flew towards one of the windows and smashed through into a classroom. The soldiers all jumped to their feet. "Hands where I can see 'em!" a soldier yelled. Y/N brandished his sword.

"You all know what Ragyo's plan is, right?" Y/N asked. "I'll just give it to you straight: You can either throw down your weapons and help us save the world from the life fibers, or you can stay with Ragyo and die. I don't think it's a difficult decision." 

"We've got a contract, and we'll see it through to the end. How else are we supposed to get paid?" one of the soldiers retorted. They all grabbed their HF blades.