Impossible Astronaut I

We had just dropped Amy and Rory off after helping out Her Majesty and the fiasco of their honeymoon. While the Doctor helped Future Scrooge, I had gotten used to the time energy running through my veins after living for 22 year as a human and dying.

When the Doctor got back he came into my room and sat on my bed, "So, what's wrong?"

I gave him this confused look. To which he sighed, "I know you Iris, I know when something is wrong. You're my best friend."

"Nothing," I pause then pull out the fob watch, "I opened my watch."

His eyes widened at the sight of it, "Oh," Then he looked back at me, "so, you're-"

"I am a time lord. Last from an alternate dimension. One where you didn't survive the time war, and I had won it all by myself by blasting all races involved out of existence." I sighed, "I went by the Master back then, but I know what he did here. I can't go by that name if he tarnished it. Even if it was just cause he was alone and felt empty."

Bow-tie nodded his understanding, he was 909 after all, he understood the pain of being alone. And the Burden that I now held in my soul.

I leaned my head against his shoulder, "I hear the drums just as he did. My entire race is gone by my hand. I didn't turn ruthless, I turned human."

He kissed my head, "We'll take it easy until you readjust to your memories, I have a feeling that it won't go as planned though. We'll go have a movie date." He smiled at me, "How does that sound? Never been on a movie date before."

I nodded, "Sounds nice."

We both ran to the control room and were about to input our new destination when a Kerb!am Delivery bot arrived with a package.

"Delivery for the Doctor and Iris." This was a newer system but the words were still choppy and monotone.

After I took the package, he finished of with the traditional, "Delivery fulfilled. And remember, if you want it, Kerb!am it." Then teleported off.

I smiled, "Haven't gotten mail in a Tardis since type 32 came out."

He shivered, "32 was an awful prototype."

I opened the package and pulled out two matching bow-ties and a Tardis blue envelope covered in stamps. It had a #1 on the flap and was addressed to us both. I opened it delicately, "22/04/2011, 18:00, 37 0'38"N 110 14'34"W"

Bow-tie peers over my shoulder, "Who's that from?"

I shrug, "No return address." I turn around to face him, "So, no movie date. We have a mystery." 

He sighed, "We'll pop in for a quick hello, then movie date."

I nodded, skeptically,  "Sure."

I handed him the bow-tie, "Go put it on, I'll put on mine." Before he could say anything I rushed off, we were officially that couple.

Or were we a couple? I mean, we did couple-y things, but no one has out right said it. Plus, we have a movie date planned for eventually. Oh well, we were a couple in my head until confirmed otherwise.

I quickly got dressed in my white dress shirt, and gray skirt. I threw on some opaque leggings and my red converse before tying my gray bow-tie.

I ran back to the control room and saw that he was a good boy that put on his bow-tie. This made me smile. He looked up from the controls and smiled back, "So, 22/04/2011 at 18:00. Parked at 37 0'38"N 110 14'34"W. That sound right?"

I nodded and came over to flip some switches that he forgot, "Lovely job."

He smiled proudly and put his hand on the final lever, "Together?"

I put my hand on his, "Always." and we pulled down.

When we parked I read the monitor, "Utah. A small diner. Oh, I love root-beer floats, I am getting one."

He smiled, "You go and order, I am gonna look for my special straw." He then went below deck.

I went out and smiled at the cashier. He looked confused by my appearance from the backroom, "Um, H-hi. How can I help you?"

"A root-beer float and one normal root-beer." I placed down a ten dollar bill, "Keep the change."

He smiled and got to work.

When he came back with the drinks I took them to the second furthest booth and placed it down along with the envelope. I quickly went to the restroom and came back to the diner being full of a surprised River, an Amy in awe, and a confused Rory, all staring at the Doctor.

"How can you be here?" Rory poked Bow-tie.

"We were invited." He took the envelope from River's hand, "Date, map reference. Same as you lot, I assume, otherwise it's a hell of a coincidence."

"River, what's going on?" Amy looked to River. What traumatic event did they go through?

"Amy, ask him what age he is." Why so aggressive River?

"That's a bit personal, River." Rory looks stressed too, kinda praying.

River urged on either way, "Tell her. Tell her what age you are."

"Nine hundred and nine."

"Yeah, but you said you were-"

River cut Amy off, "So where does that leave us, huh? Jim the fish? Have we done Jim the fish yet?"

"Who's Jim the fish?" I laugh out and River glares at me and the Doctor.

"I don't understand." I look to Amy cause neither do I.

Rory just nodded, "Yeah, you do."

"I don't!" the Doctor shouted, he hated being confused, "What are we all doing here?"

"We've been recruited." River was the first to pull herself together, "Something to do with space 1969, and a man called Canton Everett Delaware the third."

The Doctor walked away, his brooding walk, "Recruited by who?"

"Someone who trusts you more than anybody else in the universe." So, me or himself? Cause, the Pandorica event leads almost no other options and they are just as lost as we are.

"And who's that?" Ugh! His brooding face is like a pit-bull pug combo who wants cuddles. How can he be menacing and adorable at the same time?

"Spoilers." River's voice cracks softly.

We head back to the Tardis quickly and Bow-tie prances up to the Controls, "1969, that's an easy one! Funny, how some years are easy." As he spun to Amy I pushed some buttons that he skipped over, "Now, 1482, full of glitches. Now then, Canton Everett Delaware the third. That was his name, yeah?" He went to River and I spun a dial he missed, I don't think he passed his driving test, "How many of those can there be? Well, three, I suppose."

River and Amy had headed down under the controls, "Rory, is everybody cross with me for some reason?"

"I'll find out." He turned to head down to the ladies.

I walked over to him, "Why do we ever let you out?"

He playfully glared at me, "Cause, on rare occasions, I don't mess anything up."

"Very rare occasions." I laughed as his glare became a bit more sincere.

He flipped more switches as I walked away to the kitchen, I never did get my root-beer float. Before I got out of earshot I heard, "I'm being extremely clever up here, and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?"

I laughed.

***

Tell me what you think! I am eager to know.