Closing Time I

Before all that happened with The Reliving of the Astronaut in the Lake, The Doctor took Iris to say good-bye to an old friend of his. Well, more like he noticed something on a scanner and wanted to help out before he had to go.

*Iris' POV*

"Come on Iris. 2 more stops. Please?" 

I shook my head, "That's what you said 3 stops ago."

He squashed my cheeks together, "It's an old friend. I swear. Saying goodbye then I want to visit The Alignment of Exedor."

I sighed, "Fine. Last time though!" 

He nodded happily, "Deal." then flipped the switch.

***

The Doctor constantly banged on the door until a man opened the door.

"I'm coping on my own!" The man shouts.

"What a lovely greeting."

The Doctor leaned over to me, "This is similar to how he greeted me last time." He then spoke up, "Hello Craig, I'm back."

"She didn't. How could she phone you?" I don't remember anyone phoning us.

"How could who phone me? Nobody phoned me, I'm just here. Oh, you've redecorated." he looked inside, "I don't like it."

I slapped his arm. He needs to quit being rude.

"It's a different house. We moved."

"Yes, that's it." I look around the corner, nice place.

"Doctor, what are you doing here? And who's your friend?"

"This is Iris, I'm here for a social call." Doesn't explain why you dragged me along, "Thought it was about time I tried one out. How are you?"

"I'm fine." There was an awkward pause of silence.

"This is the bit where I say I'm fine too, isn't it? I'm fine, too. Good. Love to Sophie. Bye." The Doctor turns to leave, then the lights flicker.

"Something's wrong."

He runs inside and heads upstairs with the sonic screwdriver, "On your own, you said. But you're not. You're not on your own."

"Just shush."

"Increased sulfur emissions. And look at the state of this place." There are diapers on the floor. A baby! "What are you not telling me?"

Craig stops the Doctor, "Doctor, please."

They then have a shush off when I look in the room around the corner. A sleeping baby.

Then The Doctor bursts in, threatening the child and wakes it up, "Whatever you are, get off this planet."

"You've woken him!" I swat the Doctor as Craig comforts the baby.

We went down to the kitchen where Craig explained 

"So when you say on your own-"

"Yes, I meant on my own with the baby. Yes. Because no one thinks I can cope on my own. Which is so unfair, because I can't cope on my own with him. I can't. He just cries all the time. I mean, do they have off switches?" I take the baby as he explains he is uncomfortable with the way Craig is holding him.

"Human beings. No. Believe me, I've checked."

"No, babies." I put the baby down in the chair and it starts crying again.

"Same difference. Sometimes this works though." He used the power of the shush and the Baby went quiet.

Craig looks amazed, "Can you teach me to do that?"