Impossible Astronaut II

When I came back with a float, Bow-tie was explaining the way that time wasn't linear, "Time isn't a straight line. It's all bumpy wumpy. There's loads of boring stuff like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays." I slurp my float and he glares at me, "Big temporal tipping points when anything's possible. The Tardis can't resist them, like a moth to a flame. She loves a party, so I give her 1969 and NASA," He mutters this and booped my nose before spinning off, "because that's space in the sixties, and Canton Everett Delaware the third, and this is where she's pointing."

"Washington D.C., April the eighth, 1969." Amy reads off the monitor, "So why haven't we landed?"

"Because that's not where we're going." He turned to Amy after winking at me.

"Oh." Confused as ever Rory, "Where are we going?"

"Home. Well, you two are. Off you pop and make babies." He turns and flicks River's nose playfully, "And you, Doctor Song, back to prison. And us?" He now is flipping switches, "we're late for a biplane lesson in 1911. Or our movie date." He looks at me, "So, movies or biplanes. One or the other."

He sees me glaring at him and slups in a seat, "What? A mysterious summons. You think I'm just going to go?" He seems tired as he looks to River, "Who sent those messages? I know you know. I can see it in your faces-" He gestures to the Ponds along with River, "Don't play games with me. Don't ever, ever think you're capable of that."

"You're going to have to trust us this time." That was the wrong thing to say.

"Trust you? Sure." He gets really close to River's face and I try to get him to settle down, "But, first of all, Doctor Song, just one thing. Who are you?" The menacing Oncoming Storm from this world had come out this time, "You're someone from my future. Getting that. But who? Okay. Why are you in prison? Who did you kill, hmm? Now, I love a bad girl, me," He turns to me then looks back to River, "but trust you? Seriously."

Even if River was good at wearing a mask, I could see the fear and hurt in her eyes, "Trust me."

"And Us." Amy gestures to Rory and herself. They know what is going on, so he is more likely to listen to them at this point.

"Okay." He walks over to Amy.

"You have to do this, and you can't ask why." Her voice is scared, she is overall. She is tense like everyone else in the room.

"Are you being threatened?" His voice is concerned as he looks between Rory and Amy, "Is someone making you say that?"

I walk over and whisper to River, "I trust you."

She looks at me, "Too bad that trust still doesn't go both ways."

I hold back a glare in my eyes but my tone is still harsh, "What did I do to you?"

She doesn't answer me as the conversation between Amy and the Doctor come to an end, "My life in your hands, Amelia Pond."

River says her thanks as the Doctor spins 'joyously' to the controls again, "So! Canton Everett Delaware the third. Who's he?"

"Ex FBI. Got kicked out." I scratch my head, Wasn't he gay and dating an African American? Gosh, we stan a gay liberal.

"Why?" Did I not say that aloud.

"Six weeks after he left the Bureau, the President contacted him for a private meeting." I nod along. The only reason I know anything about him is cause he was gay. That and he was a very laid back dude.

"Yeah, 1969. Who's President?" I judge the Doctor slightly, How does he not remember Dick Nixon. Sorry, Richard.

"Richard Milhous Nixon. Vietnam, Watergate. There's some good stuff, too." River was on the archaeologist side of things.