Memory #6

I watched the children play in the red fields. Their pretend games were no where near as fun as mine used to be.

"I wish I could have children." I looked over to the Doctor at this statement.

"Of course you could have kids Theta. In fact, I have a feeling the Council would be more then happy if you did." You are their favorite little puppet after all.

He shook his head, "I don't want to have kids."

"But you just said-"

He smiled, "I know what I said," He turned to me, "But, they would never let you have kids."

"So?"

He laughed, "So? What good is having kids if I can't raise them with you in their lives."

The Council would never let me near children. Much less have any of my own. I was an abomination in their eyes. In my own eyes.

"Why would I have to be in their lives?"

"Because," He dropped to one knee, "What type of husband would you be if you weren't."

"What are you doing?" My eyes bulged.

"We spend a lot of time on Earth, I am taking one of their traditions and putting a spin on it." He cleared his throat, "Koschei, I likely wouldn't be alive without you by my side. I wouldn't want to be alive without you by my side. Would you do the honor of sticking by my side forever?" In his hand was his fob watch, to signify that I would be with him no matter what life we chose.

"Well, today is a good day to break the rules." I smile down at him, "Yes, I will stick by your side."

*A/N Cheesy and Lovely, leave me be. I need this*

I shook my head out of my thoughts, It was our anniversary today. 

I walked into the kitchen of the Tardis and grabbed a banana.

I was half way through it when the Doctor walked in, "Any luck finding her?"

"The Tardis was able to narrow it down to this time period and this corner of the Universe, but we still got a lot of work cut out for us." The frown didn't suit his child-like face. It aged him.

"We will find her. I may be mad at her, but I won't stop till we do." I would give my life, just as you had done for me. In more ways then one.

He smiled a bit, "What's on your mind?"

I hummed my question.

"You were zoning out. That's my thing so, what's on your mind?"

I threw the banana away, "Memories are still hitting me randomly. Some I haven't told you yet hit me too."

"Like what?"

I shook my head, "We should be looking for Amy-"

He grabbed my hand before I could run off like I planned too, "Running is my thing. Like what?"

I felt my hearts pounding painfully, I didn't want to tell him. He might get upset.. more so than he already it. "Like, like..."

He nodded for me to continue, so I did, "Like the fact that we were married in my universe."

He stumbled a bit, "What?"

"I-" I felt tears in my eyes, I must disgust him, "I wasn't supposed to do that. The Council wouldn't let me have a family, I was too bad an influence in their eyes. But, you were always at my side anyways... Even if it did end up leading to horrible situations and punishments, you stayed by me. You had been the only person by my side and you felt I was the only person  that you could trust so... We had eloped."

He didn't say anything for a solid minute, I broke him. He was never this quiet.

"So... When we got together here... did you only do it cause of your Doctor?" He looked so sad.

I shook my head, "No! I had fallen for you when I had no recollection of that time period. I had fallen for you, you."

He smiled, "Good! So, how did I do it?"

"What?"

"How did I propose? I had once been married in this universe and see if I would've gone the same route in the other universe."

I laughed, "It was cheesy now that I think back to it. You had taken the humans route, knee and all, since that's were we loved to be the most. Away from our problems."

He nodded, "Sounds like me."

"Running used to be our thing. Till..." The war, when you would no longer be running with me.

He nodded again, this time in understanding rather than agreement, "Well, It will be our thing again."

I smiled... "It will be our thing again."

***