Almost People III

"You created another Ganger just to trick me. You tricked me." Rory was hurt at the fact that Jen had been lying to him, I knew I shouldn't trust her, "When I found you, you were both Flesh and you tricked me into trusting you. Jen's dead, isn't she?"

The Doctor was solemn, "She's gone, Rory. Gone."

"Shuttle. We're dropping down on our approach. Stand by for evac."

"The humans will be melted, as they deserve," Okay Jen, chill out. "and then the factory will be destroyed. Once we get to the mainland, the real battle begins. The humans won't stand a chance. You're one of us, Doctor. Missy. Join the revolution."

"I've got to go and get them out." Rory began to walk out but the Doctor pushed him back. "Doctor, we can't just let them die."

We can't. But we might as well give them all a good scare. See how they like it.

The Doctor checks his wrist watch, "Ring, ring."

"Doctor!"

"Ring, ring." He repeats.

The whole monastery shakes.

"Stay." The Doctor commanded, to which Rory just said a calm Okay, as if to not upset the Doctor's mental stability.

When the phone rings the Doctor smiles, "Ah, that'll be the phone. Somebody get the phone. Jimmy, get the phone. No? Fine, I'll get the phone. Stay put."

It is a holographic communication system. A little boy in pajamas is standing underneath the words Morpeth Jetsan Pre-Booked Holo-Call 011-109-4455

"Thank you for booking your holo-call with Morpeth Jetsan, bringing the world together."

"Ha! Hello, Adam, I'm the Doctor. Well, other Doctor. Or Smith. It's complicated and boring. Anyway, who cares. It's your birthday." I walk over and smile at the little boy, this must be Jimmy's son.

"Yay." Adam was twisting his shirt around.

"Yay. Now, have you been getting up very early and jumping on the bed?"

His smile grew bigger, "Yes, really high.

"I expect chocolate for breakfast. If you don't feel sick by mid-morning, you're not doing it right." I giggled, I remembered when I made a chocolate fountain for him on his 213th birthday. "Now, I think you want to speak to Dad."

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Daddy?"

"You'll do, Jimmy. What does the other Jimmy matter now? You're both the same dad, aren't you? Come on, Adam's waiting."

The building rattles and Adam looks at the screen, concerned for his dad, "Daddy? Daddy, what's that rumbly noise? What's going on, Daddy? Daddy?" 

Jimmy ran out, which disgusted Jen.

"You've tricked him into an act of weakness, Doctor."

"No, I've helped him into an act of humanity." All the other Gangers want to be human so badly, this is what it means, "Anyone else like the sound of that? Act of humanity."

Cleaves took control back from Jen, just for a moment. But it was an important one, "Dicken, drain the acid well in Crypt One."

"Don't you dare." But, Jen had lost all control in the matter.

"I've had it with this. What's the point in this ridiculous war?" Cleaves was genuinely tired, "Look at you, Jen. You were a sweet kid. Look at you now. The stuff of nightmares. I don't want my world populated by monsters."

"You can't stop the factory from melting down, boss. I'll take revenge on humanity with or without you."

"It doesn't have to be about revenge. You can be better, you can be so much better." Jen looked at me with disgust before running out.