God Complex I

The Doctor quickly caught me up on the previous adventures. The little boy who sent a message to psychic paper, The quarantine facility that aged Amy. He wouldn't let me come along since I had taken in pain from the trip with Hitler. 

Now I was all healed up. Ready for another adventure. One in a hotel apparently. 

"'Let's go to Ravan-Skala,' he says. 'The people are six hundred feet tall. You have to talk to them in hot air balloons and the Tourist Information Center is made of one of their hats,' he says." Amy continued to mock the Doctor, "I'm sorry, but I don't see any huge hats."

"Amy, Beaky, this could be the most exciting thing I have ever seen." Beaky?

Rory didn't agree with the nickname either, "You're kidding."

The Doctor starts to rush up the stairs, "How can you be excited about a rubbish hotel on a rubbish bit of Earth?"

"Because, simple Ponds, this is not Earth. This has just been made to look like Earth. The craftsmanship involved. Can you imagine?"

"What? Then where are we?" I look at the pictures on the wall. Men, Women, aliens, cat nuns. They have their name listed along with a random couple of words. One girl had the brutal Gorilla, one had Daleks, someone had Plymouth. I would say they were fears if not for some random silly ones.

Why would someones fears be under their picture?

"I don't know. Something must have yanked us off course. Look at the detail on that cheese plant!" He sniffs the plants.

"Right, but who would mock up an Earth hotel?"

The Doctor finds an apple in a large bowl and starts to toss it around, "Colonists maybe, recreating a bit of home, like when ex-pats open English pubs in Majorca. No, whoever did this, I am shaking his/her hand/tentacle."

"Have you seen these? Look at the labels underneath." He looks at the set of photographs on the wall too. 

"Commander Halke, defeat." A Sontaran.

"Tim Heath, having his photo taken. Lady Silver-Tear, Daleks." He begins to read off the pictures.

I jump into the Tardis to quickly scan the surroundings. Might find a clue as to what I should expect. I start bouncing in excitement, "What a brilliant system... too bad they are kidnapping innocents. I have to tell the Doctor!" I rush out of the Tardis, before it leaves my eyesight I smile at her, "We'll be back later!" 

***

All of a sudden, I was in the reception room... That wasn't here a second ago. And neither were these people, "Rita, be careful, yeah?"

"Their pupils are dilated. They're as surprised as we are. Besides which, if it's a trick, it'll tell us something." I popped up behind the Doctor with a smile on my face.

"Oh! You're brilliant!"
"She's good. Amy, with regret, you're fired."

"What?" Sorry Amy.

"I'm kidding..." He mouths something then looks to the Tivolian, "I take it from the pathological compulsion to surrender, you're from Tivoli."

"Yes. The most invaded planet in the galaxy. Our anthem is called Glory To 'Insert Name Here.'" Poor man. 

"You with the face, Howie, you said you were surprised to be back in reception."

"The walls move. Everything changes." I rub my hands in excitement, I'm gonna love testing a theory here.

"You, clever one." Rita, I believe, "What's he talking about?"