Curse Of The Black Spot I

*Happy Holidays!*

The Doctor and I have spent time exchanging stories, ones to see where our lives go different and where they stay close to the same. We had also been travelling, to small 'relaxing' planets... Turns out this version of the Doctor doesn't get luck on relaxing either.

We had come to miss Amy and Rory so we decided to pick them up and go on an adventure with them. "I say Iris should pick. I picked last time, Rory before that. So it is only fair."

"Okay, um..." I went over to the Tardis controls and flipped on the scanners. I see a pirate ship in the 1800s sending out a distress signal. "This seems odd. Lets go there."

"Brilliant, a pirate ship with technology from before it's time? Why not?" The Doctor flips the take off switch and we follow the call for help.

We land under the bridge and here the pirates up above us, "What's that?"

"It's the Creature, it's returned." The fear in the pirate voice nearly had me laughing. What, or who, was he so scared of?

The Doctor pops open the hatch, only to have a blade in his face. He still smiles though, "Yo ho ho!"

When no one responded, his mood dropped a little, "Or does no one actually say that?"

***

"We made no signal." Yeah, no way could a ship from the 17th century make a signal that could call out the Tardis. Unless it was the mens fear calling out. Even then they would've have had to been a supper terrified alien crew.

"Our sensors picked you up. Ship in distress." I shook my head and turned back to the Tardis to look at the Sensors and Scanners again.

The men guarding us let me through after giving the excuse that a woman should be able to use the poop deck in privacy.

When I got inside the Tardis
I pulled the scanner over and down so that I could see it better without Bow-Tie needing to tower over me to read the screen. I can not only see but also feel the Tardis' uncomfort.

"What's wrong, Sweetheart?"

She groans and moans and her console creaks.

"Okay, I can fix that then. Must be indigestion." Well, kinda like that.

I turn a dial and jump under the console to adjust a couple tubes and wires, "Sorry Sweetie."

*Doctor's POV*

After the Risky journey from the Magazine to the Tardis, I ran up onto the platform. I noticed it was at Iris' height and cursed at myself under my breath, "Of course she beat me to it."

Iris must be around here somewhere but I can't leave Avery alone, "By all the-

"Let me stop you there. Bigger on the inside. Don't mind, do you, if we just skip to the end of that moment? Oh, and sorry I lied, by the way, when I said yours was bigger." I pointed in the general direction of the Kitchen, "Kitchen that way." Then to all the bathrooms, "Choice of bathrooms there, there, there."

"What's this do?" Avery joined me up on the console and was now pointing at various things.

"That does very, very complicated. That does sophisticated. That does whoa, amazing, And that does whizz, bang, far too technical to explain!"

"Wheel?" He guessed.

I quickly correct him, "Atom accelerator." I hear Iris fiddling with things below us, she has an amazing mind. She is also very indecisive, she went by Missy a couple trips ago and was now back to Iris. It must be for Amy and Rory's sake.