Wave through History

The restored Monarch and his guards charge through the building.

"Out of my way!" Charles shoves people about.

His way is blocked by a locked door. Inside the room, a large unfinished painting shows the naked Doctor as Neptune and Iris as  Amphitrite.

"Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! Doctor!"

The irate king bursts in, sword drawn, and confronts the lady artist, who is possibly one of his many illegitimate children.

"Where's the Doctor?"

"Doctor who?"

"Achoo!" The Doctor is hiding underneath Matilda's voluminous skirts.

"You know, this isn't nearly as bad as it looks." Iris rolls out from under the bed.

"Of course. Take your wife to a castle, then hide under another womans gowns." The Doctor tutted her as Charles steams.

*Kitchen*

Amy is reading from a history book while Rory unpacks the shopping, "At the personal intervention of the King, the unnamed Doctor and his accomplice, Iris, was incarcerated without trial in the Tower of London."

"Okay, but it doesn't have to be them." Rory argued.

"According to contemporary accounts, two nights later, a magical sphere some twenty feet across, was seen floating away from the tower, bearing the mysterious Doctor aloft, leaving Iris dangling from the roof."

"Okay. It's them."

"There's more."

*A classic World War 2 escape is in progress.*

"Doctor. Doctor, what can you see?"

The Doctor's head appears from the top of the tunnel, "Is the commandant's office painted a sort of green color with a big flag on the wall?"

A siren sounds and dogs start barking.

"Yes, love."

*Living room*

"It's like he's being deliberately ridiculous, trying to attract our attention. Are you watching this again?" A Laurel and Hardy film, most likely the Flying Deuces.

"Yeah. I've explained the jokes."

The doorbell rings and Amy answers it. The postman hands over some letters.

"So what are you saying? Do you really think they are back there, trying to wave to us, out of history books?" Completely missing the Doctor in a fez waving to the viewer before joining in Stan and Ollie's dance, with Iris being chased by a several of the dancers.

"Hey, it's the sort of thing they'd do. Thanks." She closed the door. Not noticing that the Postman wasn't the normal postman.

"Yeah, but why?"

"Well, he said they'd be in touch." 

Rory rolls his eyes, "Two months ago."

"Two months is nothing. He's up to something. I know he is. I know him." She opens an envelope with the number 3 on the back.

"What is it? Amy?"

She showed him the card, "A date, a time, a map reference. I think it's an invitation."

"From who?"

"It's not signed. Look, Tardis blue."

*Stormcage*