Memory #2

I looked to Theta with nervous eyes, "Theta, I really prefer it when I'm the reckless one."

"Pfft, as if. Your reckless is quite boring." He rolled his name, "And don't call me Theta anymore, I chose the Doctor as my name. Use that one."

"Why did you chose Doctor anyway? It has so many different meanings, which did you intend?" 

He shrugged, "I wanted to study the worlds, learn more and help others. I would also fight to protect the worlds. Does that not sound like what a Doctor would do?"

"I suppose," I nodded, a bit solemn, "it suits your wants and personality. I just wish that I was lucky like you."

He stopped scooting at the ledge of the rocks. We had been playing Cyperships, where there were pirate cyberman stealing the Time Lords time energy some how. We had to stop them, if we didn't have to regenerate due to falling as high as we would. "I'm sorry about that. What they did wasn't fair."

I nodded my head to urge him to keep moving. He kept scooting as he talked, "Really though, if they declare you insane, at least you have a Doctor to help you."

"You know if they declare me insane, you likely wouldn't get the chance to help me." My mind was flashing back to the torture of the Untempered Schism, the drumming stuck in my head since then, and the visions of a burning world. When I had told the people what I had seen, it had lead to outrage; the only people that were allowed to claim visions were within the Governors. I was now awaiting trial to see if I will be banished for false prophecy or whipped for outlandish lies. Lose-lose for me.

The whole situation had caused me to loose my family and almost all of my friends, except for Theta, "I will also use my title to protect my world, that includes my best friend." He had gotten to the other side and jumped to safety.

I followed in silence.

"If you could choose your title, what would it be?" His eyes filled with the signature curiosity, I have always been good at reading him and his emotions. 

"The Master. I want to be in control of my own fate, of my own mind. Maybe then I could use that control to help other people that need a leader."

I looked to him for approval, I didn't want to loose him too. He smiled and nodded, "That would be nice, you would be a kind ruler. A helpful one. One that would never treat his, or her, people incorrectly."

"Her?" I scrunched my eyebrows, the Time Lords would never let a girl be in charge. At least, not yet.

"Yeah, in case you regenerate into a girl one day. You as a she would probably be even nicer." He nudge me playfully as I tried to smack his shoulder. 

He ran away before I could.

***

After playing with Theta, the Governors summoned me. I bowed respectfully at their feet when I entered the room. Like bowing down to dogs at this point, but I still did it.

"Rise." President had a disgusted look on his face, as if I was K-9 puddle on his slippers. "We have come to a decision."

I quickly jumped up, please just the whipping, please just the whippings. I couldn't leave at such a young age, I can't stand to be alone. 

"When the first sun sets, we will pull you to the public and whip you till you regenerate. Then, we will scar your new formed flesh, so that that regeneration will carry a message." That was better than being alone at least.

He waved his hand and had the guards drag me to the cells to await my punishment.

***

When the first sun set, the whole capitol was there. All waiting to see the false prophet to be punished. All except for Theta.

When I saw him in the crowd, I wanted him to turn away. I didn't want him to see me like this. He tried to push his way through the crowd, tried to keep me from getting harmed, but it was no use.

The people of the capitol counted out the number of times the whip scarred my skin as Theta screamed for them to stop.

"79" my hands where glowing, I was about to regenerate for the first time. My friend crying as I screamed. As I died.

"80" This was the last one before I gained a new face. 

"81" They resumed as I had finished changing, the whips damage would stay even though I had just Regenerated. Yay Time Lord tech.

After 90 whips, I was unchained and dropped to the floor. Theta came running to help me get away from the people, he helped me walk to the barn where we had been living. "What can I do to help?"

He knew to skip the stupid questions, like 'are you okay?' and 'how do you feel?'

My throat was parched, so he brought me food and water. I hadn't seen my new face, so he brought me a small mirror shard. "What else do you need?"

I smiled, "Just a Doctor."

So he stayed with me.

***

Image is the 2nd Master, seeing as how I have changed it up a bit.

Tell me what you think! I would love to know.