Chapter 2. Outcast.

Waking up that day wasn't completely ideal. Especially when Dutch's goons would look at me like I was an outcast. Except some of the ladies. Mary-Beth, Abigail, and the black lady who was named Tilly,  was very kind to me.

Slowly my strength was returning to me and slowly I was able to walk again. I still had a limp I might never get rid of.

"Mornin', Robin."

I turned around to see an older man.

"Hello, sir." I respectfully nodded his way.

"My name's Hosea. We welcome you to stay here." Hosea said.

"I... appreciate that but I don't feel like the others feel the same way." I shrugged.

"They'll just have to deal with it. If you're hungry we always have stew, but you will have to do your part if you stay." Hosea explains.

"Of course." I smiled.

"Dutch mostly calls the shots. If you have a problem just talk to him or Micah or... even Arthur." Hosea gave a little smile.

"Who's Micah? I'm familiar with the two others, Dutch yanked my hair and Arthur would push me down so..." I exaggerated.
Hosea chuckled.

"Micah's just another part of the family. Once you earn your keep you will be too." Hosea gave my shoulder a pat and walked away.

"Thanks..." I said.

Picking up a book Mary-Beth had given me, I walked to a small table and sat down. I started reading. Hoping to take my mind off of everything.

"Hey there."

I look up. A man with scars on his cheek and nose stood there.

"Howdy." I nodded.

"Haven't really introduced myself considering you've been branded as a... well... but I'm John. Abigail's.... husband." He said.

"Robin. And what do ya mean 'branded'?" I asked, closing my book.

"Huh?"

"I've been branded as a what?" I said.

"Nothin'. Have a good day." John walks away, rubbing the back of his neck.

At least he was pretty nice. A good lookin' feller too.

I continue reading for awhile before I feel a tap, well more like a jab, on my shoulder.

"What?" I turned around to see the man Hosea was talking about. Forgot his name.

"Dutch says if you wanna stay you gotta earn your keep." He said.

"Uh..."

"Do you wanna stay?"

"I mean.. yes." I finally answered, getting sick of this mans attitude.

"C'mon." He motioned for me to come with him.

"Wha-... What's your name?" I ask.

It was silence for a bit before he answered.

"Arthur Morgan." He responded.

"Ah.... What're we doing?" I ask.

"Well if you wanna earn your keep you gotta work just like we all do. You can either ask Karen what work you can do or you can go-"

"Arthur!"

I look to where the voice came from. A woman, a bit older than me, and wearing jeans and a shirt and hat walks over.

"Yes, Mrs. Adler?" Arthur sighs, like he knows what she's gonna say.

"This lady may not wanna work with the rest of the girls. If she wants she can come with me. I'm Sadie." She holds her hand out.
I shake it.

"Robin." I respond, smiling.

Arthur doesn't say a word he just puts his hands up and walks away.

"What's his deal?" I ask.

"That's just Arthur. Cranky son of a bitch." Sadie walks to the horses.

"Here you can ride Beauty until you get a new horse. She's small but she's a spare." Sadie hops on her horse. I look at the tan colored horse and pet her white mane. I hop on her back with an uncomfy saddle and looked at Sadie.

We begin riding down a trail.

"So is he married?" I say. How could a guy like that be married?

"Not that I know've. Why?" Sadie gives me a look.

"Just wanderin' how a rough man like that could have a girl." I inform.

"He ain't so rough. Maybe 'round the edges at first but he can be a charming man." Sadie responded.

"Really?" I tilt my head at her.

"Yep. Just gotta get to know'em." Sadie said.

"I guess." I sigh.

We arrive in a small town a little while later and she stops at a general store.

"The stables are that way, this is the store, and here's a few bucks." Sadie handed me ten dollars. I thank her and head into the store.

Buying a hair brush, an extra shirt, and some bullets, I finish my shopping and walk out.
Sadie was across the street at the saloon, waving me over. I put my supplies in my horses bag and then walk over to her.

"Let's go in, see if there's any tips on houses we can rob." Sadie walks inside.

Rob?

---
Skadoo skadae heres another chapter for today