Chapter 10. Fooling around.

I miss Valentine. We had to leave and it made me so angry I threw a bit of a temper tantrum.

In fact, Charles had to almost carry me to the wagon. Reason why I didn't wanna go is cause I grew up in that town. Micah volunteered for me to stay which caused another yelling session.

It ended up in me getting a stern talking by Dutch after our new home was set up.

"Robin, just once I'd like to see you act your age." Dutch said.

I shrugged. I liked it here I guess. It wad definitely pretty. Rhodes is a beautiful place.

I slowly walked away from Dutch as he kept lecturing me. Eventually that caused me bumping into Kieran.

"Oof. Sorry." I say.

"No harm done. How ya like the place?" Kieran smiles.

"Its alright." I respond, looking around.

"I hear you got the first shift with Bill and then Arthur tonight." Kieran puts his hands in his pockets.

"Shift?" I look at him.

"Sure. We all take turns guarding the camp. Yours is just once during the week I think. Not exactly sure." He said.

I tiredly rest my head against his shoulder.

"You're a good friend." I say and pat his back.

"Ah, thanks." Kieran lets out a snicker. I walk towards Pearson's wagon and see him chopping a deer up.

"Want some help?" I offer.

"Ah Miss Robin! That'd be great. Can you cut this into bite size pieces?" Pearson drops a large slab of meat on a table section. I nod and grab a large knife near the table and started cutting.

"Well, little miss soldier is doing some work."

I purse my lips, cutting the meat faster.

"Got nothin to say, sweetie?" I felt a hand under my chin.

I looked straight into his eyes. Of course its Micah.

"The only thing I have to say is you are only flirting with me because you've already tried with the other girls and couldn't get anything."  I retort, stabbing the knife into the raw meat.

"Damn!" I hear a raspy voice call out by the fire. Most likely John's.
I get some blood on my finger and gag a bit. Sometimes it makes my skin shiver when super cold things touch me and when they're slimy it makes it worse. I can handle blood just not fingering it.

"Wouldn't try it with you anyway. I like it when my girls don't gag easily, if you know what I'm sayin'." Micah leaned against the table.

"Nothin to gag on, Micah." I wink.

That sent an uproar of laughter near the fire.

"You're lucky Dutch is expecting me to behave." Micah slammed his hand down on the table and then walked away.
I chuckled a bit and continued cutting the meat.

"You two fight more than Arthur and Micah do." John walked over, still chuckling a bit.

"Well, Micah's an absolute fuck-ass." I say in a low tone, wary if Jack was nearby.

"That's a new one." John chuckled.

"So how's Abigail and the boy doin?" I say, putting the knife aside and walked out from behind the table. Pearson grabbed all the cut up meat and took it to a metal pot.

"Doin' fine. As expected." John crosses his arms.

"Damn, sorry if this sounds rude, but what happened to your face?" I say, looking a bit closer. I never noticed the large ass scar across his cheek.