Chapter 7. Lookin' Handsome.

These past few weeks been alright. I know everybody and they know me. I will say there's a few people I don't particularly like but I actually tolerate them. Micah was a bit of an ass at first but he's gotten to be quite a gentleman. Sometimes. I dont like the way he treats other people and how he's always whispering in Dutch's ear.

I walk to my horse, planning on hunting a few rabbit. I pass Arthur's tent and see him looking in the small mirror on a barrel, fixing his hair.

"My my, don't you look mighty handsome? Why you gettin' so dressed up?" I tease.

"Stop." Arthur lets out a small chuckle and puts his hat on.

I laugh a bit, enjoying poking fun at him.

"I gotta go do some things, I'll be back later." Arthur puts his guns in his holster and walks to his large black shire horse (the one you get for free).

"Whatever you say, Arthur." I smile and walk to Ace.

I get on him, straighten his mane a bit, and then turn him down a trail into the woods. I sat on the cold ground for nearly two hours before I was able to get three rabbits.

I tie them onto Ace's saddle horn and head towards camp.

When I arrived, I headed towards Pearson's tent and laid the rabbits on the butchers table.

"Thank you Miss Robin." He said, grabbing them by the ears.

"Course." I smile.

I decide to head into town so I could get a haircut. My hair's gettin' far too long for my liking.
I grab Ace's reins and hop on him.

Kieran passes by me.

"Hey, Kieran." I wave.

"Hi." He nods.

I turn around and head towards town, humming a little tune as I go.
It was so nice to be alone for awhile. Feel the air blow my hair in all directions was super fun as well.

That was sarcasm.

I pulled up by the barbers and walked through the back way of the saloon.

"Cut it to about here." I made a small gesture of how much hair he should cut off. My hair would still be long but not so annoying and in my way.

After he was done, I got up and walked through the saloon way.

"Mike! Ohhh Mike!" I felt a rough heavy arm go around my shoulder, almost tipping me over.

Now I'm not a weak girl, but when a grown man puts his weight on a woman unexpectedly, especially with a bad leg ... well the woman is gonna topple over.

I used the pillar as support and tried to fling him off me.

"Y'know Ma was worried." I could smell his drunken breath.

"Get the hell off me!" I say.

On hearing my voice the man stumbles back.

"You... are not a man!" Mike pointed at me.

I adjusted my hat.

"No, sir." I said.

"Well shit... Mike!" He went around calling this mans name.

I shake my head, my whole side crashed against the pillar and that left a good bruise. I get on my horse, riding towards camp.

I see little Jack playing on the trail to our camp.

"Jack?" I stop the horse.

"Yes!" He looks up.

"Why you so far away from camp?" I look to see if anybody's behind me.