Chapter 28. Noel Downfield.

I absolutely hate every living thing right now. Dutch is insane! Making us move from one place to another. One shitty swamp to another more shitty swamp! This one has a house, but each time we move I know it's not good on everybody. Lowers the morale. Or somethin'.

"His name is Angelo Bronte?" John muttered.

"Somethin' like that." Arthur said.

"Why aren't we doin' anything about Jack?!" Abigail screamed from the side.

I wanted to drop dead, everybody was talking so much and complaining and...

"Arthur, Robin, meet me and John at the square in Saint Denis." Dutch took charge.

"Huh-me-why?" I look up from the dirt.

"Because you wanted to help." Dutch says, walking away.

I grab the end of my hair tightly and let out a shriek of annoyance. I'm runnin' around doing all this and yeah I wanna help but...
AHHHHHHHHH-

Arthur kinda slaps me on the back.

"Let's go." Arthur muses.
I hiss under my breath and follow him to where we have our horses hitched.

I cough as I get on Ace.

"You 'aight?" Arthur asks.

"Fuck you." I growl.

"Y'know I'm gettin' real sick of your bad attitude." Arthur responds, as we head down the path.
Looking back on this I hated my behavior towards Arth.

"Dutch is gonna get us all killed!" I say, kicking Ace into a gallop to ride alongside Arthur.

"Maybe, but you can't be an absolute dumbass and just start snappin' at everyone. Makes you look terrible." Arthur said.

"And you ain't a terrible person." He adds, making my stomach jolt.

"I..." I didn't have anything to say.

...

****

Upon meeting Dutch and John we park ourselves in front of a large house.

"Holy shieeeeeet." I whisper.

Dutch walks up to the gate and gets the attention of a young man. Instead of y'know being normal about it, Dutch has to grab the poor kid's collar and yank him into the gate and threaten him.

"Nice." I whispered, getting annoyed with everyone's rough behavior.

The guard nervously opens the gate, a few more fellers keeping a guns eye on us as we walk through the door.

And then we meet him. A man that looks like he would backwash into he alcohol and put cigarettes out on a child's head.

I see somebody out of the corner of my eye as soon as Dutch begins his smooth manipulation talk.

I see a girl. A lady.  Light brown hair, hazel eyes. I didn't exactly know if it was the person I was assuming it was.
But I was-

"This is Robin." Dutch said.

"Robin....?" Bronte asked in a french or Italian accent. Not sure which one.

(I do its just Robs a bit of a numb numb)

"Robin eh... Morgan." I look at Arthur seeing a small smile on his face as he makes sure nobody tries to pull a gun on us.

Bronte doesn't acknowledge me any further so I continue studying the girl that's dusting some stupid fancy potty shit in the hallway.