Chapter 14. The horse incident.

(That photo up there is Robin! Since somebody wanted to know about Robin's scar heres the story lol)

I sat at the table and read my book. It was about a lost romantic that wants to fight for his love but unfortunately he's too weak and gets killed.

My kind of book. Realistic.

"Hi!"

I look up.

"Hey Jacky." I smile. He sits across from me with a wooden horse.

John walks over and pats his head.

"Papa?" Jack looks up.

"Yeah, son?" John answers.

"Is you and eh... her sister uh brother?" Jack asks.

"No?" I answer.

"You guys look the same with the scratch." Jack smiles.

I hear Arthur laugh behind me.

"Your dad got scratched by a puppy." Arthur slapped John on his back.

"Wolf." John corrected.

"And Robin's was probably her trying to impress some feller and failed." Micah chimed in.

"Fuc-... Shut up. It was a horse incident." I sneer.

"Do tell." Arthur sits by Jack. Jack starts showing him the little block horse.

I shut my book and get ready to tell the story.

----
"I was a young girl, still wearing dresses but also wanting to climb trees and run like wild deer. My Pa had gotten me a beautiful knife so I would keep it tucked into my dress and around my waist using an old rope."

Arthur chuckles.

"Shut up. Anyways...  one day a boy shows up asking me if I wanted to go fishin'.  Being the little tomboy I am, I agreed and we went down to a little lake. It was beautiful but we got bored of fishing and decided to go ride a horse my Pa had."

"So you just go along with this boy?" Micah asks, throwing a small rock at me.

"Yes, shut up. We go to the stables, find a nice young brown horse, and the boy leads it out of the stable. I get on it first but I didn't know the boy hadn't kept the horse tied up. So the horse of course tried to escape and buck me off. This was a young horse, not even an adult and not even broke."

"Dumbass." John commented.

"And..." I glared at John. "The horse was makin' me quite mad so I grabbed the knife and wanted to just poke it a little. Not smart I know. It was my fault the horse was mad in the first place. So the horse manages to buck me off while I had this sharp ass knife in my hand and I hit the fence, fell, and got even more angry. I stood up, walked behind the horse to whoop it, and it kicks me upside the head." I say, embarrassed. This story makes me seem like an absolute idiot.

"Serves ya right." Arthur says, watching Jack play with the little wooden horse.

"I was bleeding and the boy was screaming. My Pa came out, whipped me for bothering the horse and then sent the little boy home." I finished.

"My story's better." John said.

"All this showed me is that, you're an idiot." Micah laughed, walking away.

"I genuinely hope a train hits you and drags you forty feet." I say, opening my book again.

"What're you reading?" Arthur asks.

I show him the cover and he gets up, laughing.

"You're just like Mary-Beth." Arthur walks off.

"You can join Micah on that train!" John calls out.

"Papa! I need more horses. This is uh her horse and I want Uncle Dutch's horse." Jack smiles.

"Dutch has a pretty nice horse." I admit.

"Yeah!" Jack smiled.

I chuckle and continue reading.

Assholes.

---
Dont worry as you read this chapter im literally writing another one!

Fact about Robin:

If you could tell by her photo, she has a bit of Asian in her from her father's side.