Chapter 30. This is my life.

I wake up in the arms of Arthur. Knowing I had to get up, I carefully sit up without wakin' him and began to dress.

Walking downstairs I see Abigail and Mary-Beth, enjoying some coffee and talkin.

"Mornin'." I smile.

"Mornin', Robin." Mary-Beth says.

Abigail nods to me, smiling warmly.
I walk outside and can't even make it out the steps before coughing.

A pain in my lungs made me wanna double over and cry.

I took a deep breath and felt better. Looking around that day made me feel better than I ever have before. Seeing my family, friends, all talking and doin' their thing.

This is the life I chose and I'm runnin' with it. Even if I trip and I can't get up.

That was always my motto.

Now I feel like I won't ever trip, I'll just run with the wind and eventually soar off this earth, free and happy.

I felt a hand on my shoulder for a split second, making me turn around. Susan stood behind me, pursing her lips.

"Ya got a letter." She handed it to me.

I nod in a 'thanks' and open it up. It wasn't signed so that was a bit odd.

Dear Noel,

I hope you are having a wonderful life and you can forgive me. You don't know who I am but I go by the name Harris K.
Good luck and stay safe.

- H.K.

I stared at the letter for a second then crumbled it up and shoved it in my pocket.

Dutch is callin' for me.
---

A couple days later....

---

I'm startin' to realize the shit we got ourselves in.

I felt so carefree a couple days ago and then now I feel...
Worried.
Alarmed.
...
A little sick.

Me and Arthur haven't even spent time together, Dutch has us doin' a bunch of dumb shit.

They went to the garden party but wouldn't let me go because of my "cough".  Just my lungs are tired is all. I think anyways.

Not gonna lie, I'm gettin' scared. Dutch had Arthur take papers and folders he wasn't supposed to and eavesdrop. This is gonna get us in major trouble.

Apparently they have to go to another event on a boat this time.
I don't like boats.

Everyone around camp is restless and annoyed with the way things are and the way everything is going to hell, it probably won't be long before we move our location again.

A few hours ago I had tried to get on Ace... couldn't make it to the saddle before having a coughing fit. I notice some specks of blood but that could just be something else.
Doesn't mean it's bad.

Dutch is losing his mind every second and not only is it effecting me but it's effecting everyone else, including Molly. I've suggested to Arthur that we... just leave. Run away. That we stay safe.

But he continues to follow Dutch. I guess I will too.

---

Saturday.

Well...

It's happened.

I was sitting on the porch with our new dog, Cain, and Jack.

"Aunt Robin?" Jack tugged at my sleeve.

"Yeah?"

"When will we go somewhere else? There's lots of snakes here." Jack said.

I didn't know how to answer that well.

"I dunno, bud. Trust me though, I'll keep ya safe." I smiled.

Jack smiled back and pet his dog.

Then I heard Dutch on the top balcony asking about someone riding up.

I looked up and saw Kieran's horse.
Remembering that I haven't seen him in awhile I got up to greet him when I realized his head was in his hands and his eyes were gouged out.

Reacting quickly, I grabbed Jack and shoved him inside the house along with Cain so he wouldn't see what happened.

"Kieran?!" I screamed.
Mary-Beth let out a scream, this time more shrill than mine.

A gunshot shot by me and grazes my shoulder, causing me to wince and duck behind a pillar.

I grabbed my throwing blade and scanned the area before I saw an O'Driscoll hiding behind a rock. I reared back and threw it, catching him right between the eyes.

Commotion was everywhere.
Dutch was yelling for us to hide and get somewhere safe and for the men to shoot and battle.

I busted in the house and realized we were getting pushed back.

"Robin, help!"

I turned around and saw Arthur trying to block the front door with a dresser. Helping him, we were able to push it in front of the door and keep it stable.

Arthur rushed around back and I stayed up front to take out anybody that was sneakin' up.

The battle wasn't easy.
People screaming in my ears and telling me to be carful was stressful but I held my own.

Then finally silence fell...

And the smoke of guns arose slowly into the sky and evaporated.

I went outside with everybody else and stared at Kieran's lifeless body.

I had felt a hand on mine and instantly turned around, angry.

"How much more, Arthur? I thought Sean was the last." I hiss.

He didn't say anything.
I wish I could've took back what I said. I was so hostile.

But I was also mad. I walked inside the house and stood in the middle, my heart thumping.

I wanted to scream but instead had a coughing fit, falling to my knees. Breathing was gettin' harder and that's about when I realized I probably had a sickness.

Didn't know what at the time and I wasn't gonna find out until later...

----
Did y'all notice how her writings changed? She documented everything from the beginning... and to the end. Its not over yet but...
Its close.

Fact about Robin:

She changed her name from Noel to Robin after it constantly reminding her of Nancy, her sister.