Chapter 3. Outlaw.

"Did you say rob?" I ask.

"Well yeah. Gotta pay to eat and gotta work to pay." Sadie opens the door and walks inside. I follow her into the saloon and rest my elbows on the counter while Sadie orders a shot.

She throws down an extra quarter.

"Any info, Barron?" She says in a low tone.

"Rich feller, Ozone Max, is staying in a fishin' house near the docks outside Valentine." The bartender said.

"Umm..." I'm unsure how to take these news. So they're on the run because they're outlaws?

"Thanks." Sadie takes her shot and walks away, tapping my arm to make me come along.

"So ya'll are outlaws?" I say slowly.

"Yep. You are too I reckon." She hops on her horse. I hop on Beauty.

"Let's go, follow me." Sadie motions.

"So... you guys are just... on the run?" I ask.

"... Yep?" Sadie gives me a confused glance.

"I see."

"What were you doin'? All beat up, nothing on ya except jeans and a torn shirt." Sadie asks.

I faintly remember the event.

"Well.. I had gotten robbed." I explain.

"What for?"

"Uh... just some competition y'know. I won a horse race against this lady and another feller and one my way to my camp, they robbed me and beat me up a bit." I pet Beauty's tan fur as we continue towards this rich man's house.

"You wasn't no outlaw before?" Sadie asks in a doubting voice.

"Not really. Though I had gotten my fair share of trouble against the law before." I admit.

"Here." Sadie pulls her horse to the side and gets off. I get off and follow her.

"Fat man is on the dock. You go in, take what you can. I'll distract him." Sadie get's ready to go about the plan.
I tug on her arm.

"We can't just rob a poor man blind!" I whisper.

"Poor? This man could feed the whole camp and his mother." Sadie scoffs.

"I... yeah." She got me there.

"Just go." Sadie kind of shoves me.

I guess I better just do it. I slowly wak behind the house and open the back door with ease. I never robbed a house before so it just felt wrong. I opened a few cabinets and it made me feel awfully guilty to take those things.

I remember when I was younger my granny told me to always hide money in the fireplace or under the bed. Easing over very quietly, I felt my way under the stove until I found a small opening with my hand. Bingo.

I shoved the money in my bag and just as I was about to head out, the door slams open.

I duck behind the stove and watch from the corner. A large man walks in, going to the kitchen. He pokes around in there and then heads directly to my hidin' spot!

I duck back and hold my breath, fearful of what might happen. He put chunks of wood in the fire place and then started it up and sat down at the kitchen table, writing something and his back towards me.

I was on the verge of panicking. This is so wrong but I kind of liked the adrenaline.

I looked to my left to see a window. It was risky but it was my only way of getting out.

Easing over I felt my way to the handle of the window and quietly opened it. Then, as fast as I could, I jumped out. I heard my boot hit the window sill and the man scoot up from his chair. I quickly shoved myself against the wall under his window in the brush as fast as I could.

"Damn wind." He mumbled and shut the window with a slam, making me jolt a little.

"Quick!"

I glanced at Sadie hiding behind some bushes and I booked it. I didn't wait to talk to her, I just ran on my horse and ran up a little ways. Reaching the river, I jumped off, got on my knees, and puked.

"Oh c'mon you're not that guilty are you?" I heard Sadie's horse behind me and her voice.

"I've never... done this before." I glared.

"Eh, you'll learn." Sadie says and turns around on her horse.

"Let's go back to camp."

I limp back to Beauty and get on her and follow Sadie back.

I had to sit through hours of everyone laughing at how I puked after my "first robbin' time".

"Alright, friends!" Dutch called out. I sat at the table, head down.

"She may not be perfect but she got us 300$. That's pretty damn good!" Dutch smiled.

I perk up a bit. Yeah I did do that didn't I?

"A toast to our new family member. Robin." Dutch held a beer bottle up.

I nodded.

I noticed a few people were a little annoyed with the announcement. I get it. A new girl comes in and gets accepted too easily is bound to annoy some. Guess I'll have to prove myself further.

"Hey."

I turn around.

"Hi, Arthur." I nod.

"Heard you puked after a simple rob?" Arthur sat down across from me, an amused look in his eyes.

"Yeah okay." I glared. Asshat.

"Mm, just sayin'." Arthur said.

"Yeah yeah, I heard Mr. Morgan." I snap.
I did not like this guy.

Arthur got up, chuckling.

"Innocent gal." He said while walking away.

Innocent?! He thinks I'm a little innocent girl?!

Okay then.
Challenge accepted.

----
Sorry i havent updated much but ilysmmmm guys you are the besttttf