Chapter 25. Rude Awakening.

The days seem to tick by slowly. And painfully.

I sit by a tree and slowly run my finger over a throwing blade.

There's been this... almost painful feeling in my lower gut. But I mostly ignore it. It's minor.

What I worry about is what we're doing. It seems that we're getting more and more reckless about "keeping out of trouble".

Arthur has been in and out of camp, doing errands for Dutch and each time I'm afraid that the law is gonna figure out who we... who Dutch is sometime, someday, somehow.

"Robin? You okay?"

I look up at whoever said that. Charles.

I put the blade away and smile.

"Yeah, course." I sigh.

He reaches down to help me up. I accept the offer and grab his soft but firm hand. He pulls me up and I lean against the tree.

"You comin' with us to Rhodes? I feel like Arthur would like that, he's been a little on edge lately." Charles crosses his arm.

"Join the crowd." I thought.

"Yeah of course." I say.

Soon we're all on our horses. I listen to to Arthur, Sean, and Charles all talk while Bill stayed silent.

Sean's Irish accent made me feel all giddy. He brings life to the party.

I don't exactly remember what Sean said, but it was enough to make me almost fall off Ace laughing.

"S-Sean.." I wheeze.

"At least somebody appreciates me humor." Sean says, glancing at me.

"Unfortunately." Arthur sighs.

"Jealous that I've made yer' girl laugh more than ya ever could?" Sean teases, as we come upon Rhodes.

I start calming down, wiping the tears out of my eyes.

Soon we arrive at Rhodes and we all get off our horses.

"It's a little quiet here..." I whisper the beautiful thing next to me.
Ace snorts as an answer.

(she was talking to the horse just uh fyi)

We walk down the pathway and Sean walks ahead of us.

"Why-"

Before he even gets a word out, a gunshot followed by blood gushing out of his eye. He falls to the ground.

"Sean!!!" I scream.

Arthur takes my arm and leads me behind a wagon.

"Just-just hold on, Sean!" I scream louder, even though I knew he was dead. Poor bastard.

I see Arthur aim and shoot at the whoever had shot Sean.

I feel the tears roll down my eyes.

"Dammit, Robin, focus!" Arthur scolds.

Ouch.

I use my pistol and shoot at one of the fuckers.

Me and Arthur get up and then we all stop...
We don't move.

A man, the sheriff, walks out with Bill and a gun to his head.

"Aughhh, Bill." Arthur hisses.

I still have tears streaming down my cheeks. Sean.
He was like...

I loved that Irish bastard like family.

"You killed him." I sniff.

In a quick motion, Arthur shoots whoever has Bill hostage and near him.

I see somebody on a roof and I grab my knife. I throw it and land it in his throat.

"Bullseye, bitch." I growl.

Soon it was over...
The smoke rose. I threw my gun down and ran towards Sean's dead body. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and shook him.

"Sean! Get up!" I yell. Blood from his fatal injury splatters on my hands and cheeks as I shake him.

"Robi-"
I cut Bill off.

"Open your damn eyes, you son of a bitch!" I scream.
I knew Karen would take this harder then I would.

Just a little bit ago, we was laughing and joking around. Now he's dead...

I feel arms wrap around me and I thrash at them for a bit. Arthur turns me around and instantly I calm down but continue to cry.

I bury my face in his chest, upset.

"I know... he was a good kid." Arthur soothed.

"H-he..." I hiccuped from the tears.

Arthur told Charles to bury Sean somewhere peaceful.

Arthur takes me back to my horse and ties Ace's reigns to his horse and set me behind him.

I hugged him from behind and silently cried.

I hate this world, it has no mercy for those who are lighthearted and kind.
I would trade places for Sean in a heartbeat. 

I coughed a bit.

---
Sorry i havent updated christmas is keeping me hellaaaaa busy!

Fact about Robin/this story:

You're reading her journal through the eyes of someone else.