girl talk

Melanie's POV

After I returned home from the romantic night with my boyfriend, I seen Dana sitting on the couch eat a huge ass bowl of ice cream while she was watching a sappy romance movie.

Melanie: are you okay?

Dana: no but I will be.

Melanie: does your heartache have anything to do with your handsome male friend from last night?

Dana: yeah...

Melanie: talk to me chica, cause I have never seen you this way...

Dana: well its probably not gonna sound so bad to you but since you wanna hear it I will tell you that he kissed me last night.

Melanie: and that's bad because? Girl you are IT if anyone can't see that you are beautiful than they are out of their mind. Did you kiss him back?

Dana: no I didn't and that's what scares me Mel, I come here to get an education because it is what my parents want and the last thing I need is to find romance in a guy who I won't see that often, he stays on the road a lot.

Melanie: I see your point but honey you need to start living the life you want and not for your parents, you have a guy interested in your affection and if your parents don't want you to be happy than maybe they sent you here for the wrong reasons and if they are anything like my parents are than they would want you to be happy in whatever you choose to do with your life.

Dana: I just don't want to disappoint anyone, especially Dustin...

Melanie: friend or no friend, I can tell he likes you more than you know and I wouldn't be telling you this if I didn't care about you Dana, you're like a sister to me and I want you to be happy.

Dana: thanks Mel, you're like a sister to me too but I think I blew the only chance I had at being happy with Dustin, I yelled at him before you showed up.

Melanie: don't worry I will talk with him, just keep your phone at all times.

Dana: please don't do anything you will regret later on Melanie...

Melanie: can't promise you that but I can promise that you will have your handsome cowboy back with you.