the little things

Dana's POV

Three months passed since the night Dustin and I had our intimate moment, I hadn't yet told him what I already knew because I was scared that he would no longer want me around once he found out about it. I was hanging out with Melanie at the mall when I got a text from him

We need to talk ASAP...

I was a little worried that it was going to be bad but I couldn't wait any longer so I told Melanie that I was leaving before I rushed home and parked the car in the driveway, I headed inside and seen Dustin sitting on the couch while he talked with his buddies.

Dana: hey guys.

Dustin: I'm glad you're home, we need to talk.

He quickly stood up and grabbed my hand before making me sit down beside him...

Dana: so what did you wanna talk about?

Dustin: well I've got good news and bad news, what do you wanna hear first babe?

Dana: the bad news

Dustin: I'm afraid you can't come with me on this one but the good news is that I will be playing at Madison Square Garden starting tomorrow along with a few other places.

Dana: that's great news honey, I'm so proud of you!

I tried to sound happy but was secretly nervous about how I was going to tell him that I was pregnant with his child, I knew how much playing at Madison Square Garden meant to him and I didn't want to ruin his exciting news so I didn't tell him as I watched him and his buddies celebrating in the backyard while I hid out in the bathroom crying about thinking that he would make me leave after he found out that he was going to be a daddy, I heard a light knock on the door and seen Brantley walk in as he tried to calm me down.

Brantley: what's wrong Dana?

Dana: nothing I'm okay I promise.

Brantley: something is wrong or else you wouldn't be crying, please tell me.

Dana: I'm scared that's all...

Brantley: of what?

Dana: about how Dustin will react once he knows the truth...

Brantley: the truth to what?

I stood up and unzipped the jacket that I was wearing to hide the baby bump and noticed that Brantley got wide eyes when he seen it.

Brantley: this is a shocker, how far along are you?

Dana: three months but I'm worried Dustin will not want me anymore once he finds out.

Brantley: Dustin would never stop wanting you, he loves you Dana and I think you should tell him before he goes back on the road, there's no telling when you will see him again.

I was about to walk out the door with Brantley when I seen Dustin standing there and noticed that he didn't look happy.

Dustin: tell me what exactly, how my best friend is going behind my back with my future wife?

Brantley: it's not even like that Dustin but she does have something to tell you.

I watched as Brantley walked outside to join the others while Dustin and myself spoke alone in our bedroom.

Dustin: so what was that about?

Dana: he was just giving me advice that's all, I was upset about something and he just happened to be around, I promise you that nothing is going on between us Dustin, its you I love not him.

Dustin: so what did you want to tell me?

Dana: I'm pregnant...

Dustin: I'm going to be a father?

Dana: yeah, I didn't want to tell you right now cause I was scared about how you would take news and I don't want you rejecting me or our child, that's what me and Brantley was talking about before you overheard us.

Dustin: I'm sorry that I accused you two of sleeping together and I would never reject you or our child, we both our responsible for making it and I would never leave you pregnant or not Dana I love you more than words can describe and I don't wanna ever let you go.

Dana: I love you so much Dustin.

Dustin: I can't believe we're going to be parents, I'm beyond happy.

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead before we walked outside and told the others the good news and celebrated the rest of the night