new memories

Dana's POV

After me and Dustin went our separate ways, I become a model for a popular company and traveled with Melanie when I wasn't busy working and that's when I met Chase, we had a lot in common. We met a year ago and today was our one year anniversary since we become friends and he was taking me out to a fancy restaurant, me and Melanie was dress shopping when I found the perfect outfit to wear to the restaurant later tonight.

 We met a year ago and today was our one year anniversary since we become friends and he was taking me out to a fancy restaurant, me and Melanie was dress shopping when I found the perfect outfit to wear to the restaurant later tonight

I told Chase that I would meet him at the restaurant and when I arrived I couldn't help but notice how nervous he was acting which I thought was sort of cute. I cleared my throat and watched as he stood up quickly and pulled the chair out for me to sit in.

Chase: you look beautiful tonight.

Dana: thank you and you look handsome, I know I'm late sorry. Have you ordered yet?

Chase: not yet, I was waiting until you got here before I ordered the food but I did order a bottle of wine for us both.

Dana: oh that's nice.

I seen the waiter bringing out a bottle of red wine and watched as he poured a little in the wine glass before Chase tried it.

Chase: leave it thank you sir.

Waiter: and for dinner sir?

Chase: I will have the steak dinner.

Waiter: very good and how about you madam?

Dana: I will have the chicken alfredo

Waiter: right away, enjoy the wine.

We talked for the rest of the night and laughed about silly things that we could think of until we left the restaurant and headed to the pier where I last seen Dustin which was when we broke up but it didn't bother me anymore, I was enjoying the night with Chase and nothing was going to change this exciting night with him.

Chase: look Dana, we've known each other for a year now and this friendship we have has been a great one but I can't be your friend anymore.

Dana: what do you mean, Chase I need you in my life I can't have this---

He quickly placed his hand on my mouth and I stopped talking.

Chase: I need you in my life too Dana but I didn't mean it as it sounded, what I meant was that I wanna be more than friends.

Dana: you do?

Chase: well yeah. I know I may not be what you want in a guy but I will make you happy everyday for the rest of your life so I'm just gonna ask you, Dana will you marry me?

My mind raced back to the night when Dustin asked me to marry him and I felt the tears running down my face, I didn't want a repeat of what happened before but I quickly answered

Dana: there is something I need to tell you before I give you my answer.

Chase: I already know about your previous engagement if that what this is about and I promise that I will never break things off with you Dana because I love you no matter what happens between us.

Dana: I love you too and I will marry you.

He slipped the ring on my finger and kissed me on the lips slowly and softly