Chapter 2 : Into the Jungle

Leila took an awkward step forward, the whole class had stopped whatever they were doing and stared at her. Leila had gone to a lot of schools, done a lot of transfers, but never had she gotten a reaction like this before. It was as though she was an alien species, and the humans had just discovered her.

Apart from that, she had never in her entire life seen a class like this before. It was like a fusion between a café, and a class. Somewhere from the back of the class came a whistle, and people turned around to see who had done it.

"What? I'm just stating the obvious...." someone said. It seemed to ease up the tension in the class room, as a few of the guys cheered him on.

Suddenly the classroom door opened and what looked like the teacher walked in. She too froze when she caught Leila standing in front of her class. The lady looked young, she was the first person, who looked at Leila like she was an actual human being.

"Hello there, you must be our new bursary student?" she asked Leila kindly. There was a gasp from some of the other students and Leila distinctly heard someone whisper loudly "Bursary?"

Smiling shyly "yes" Leila managed a whisper, which to her horror came out like a croak.

"Great, well than take a seat here, right in the front row, you can put you're things down there, and than come up to the class so you can introduce yourself to us" she beamed.

Leila stared at her in shock. Really? Go up there and actually talk to them? She took a big gulp. It seemed like time had frozen while everyone was still staring at her putting her bag down. The teacher too seemed to be waiting for her.

Leila walked to the front, staring down on the floor, she barely managed as her voice kept croaking to her utter horror. "Hello everyone, my name is Leila Adams, thank you.." she said. Just as she was about to walk back to her seat, a girl put her hand up,

"Yes Pearl?" Ms Judy asked.

"Where did...that come from?" Pearl asked sneering at Leila. Making a face as though Leila was something disgusting under her nose.

Leila looked up to Ms Judy, she could see Ms. Judy take a deep breath as though to calm her nerves down, Ms Judy smiled kindly at Leila "where did you come from Leila?"

"Well...I originally came from Saint Francis High school.." she said softly. The whole class erupted in laughter.

Leila stared at them in confusion, she didn't understand what was so funny. She looked up at Ms. Judy in confusion, but she however tried her best to smile at Leila, and gently guided her back to her seat.

The class seemed to go on from there, however Leila couldn't help feeling like she was going to regret ever agreeing to this bursary. Sighing to herself, "Just survive" maybe that's what the receptionist had meant when she said that to Leila?

Leila stared in awe at the 'class' around her, but something strange immediately caught her attention. As her eyes were scanning she could see distinctly that the chairs got more and more 'executive' going down the class.

Right at the back of the class, It looked almost like the setting of an office. They even had executive sofa/chairs in that row. Leila quickly gasped as she saw one of the eyes following her gaze. He was a handsome guy, staring at her unashamedly. She quickly moved her focus back to Ms. Judy.

When the bell rang, all the students got up at once, even though Ms Judy was still talking. She looked as though she was used to their behavior. Leila was the last to leave her seat, waiting for everyone to file out. She heaved a big sigh of relief. Wiping her forehead, she was actually sweating. She heard small clicks, Ms. Judy was closing her briefcase.