Chapter 5: The day she really started hating them

Leila turned around looking at her surrounding, the place looked familiar, although it was much darker than what she was used to seeing it as. They were at the basketball court, her and all the other beggars on the floor lined up sitting on their knees. Looking around seemed like most of the school was in the stands staring at them. 

She turned to look up, all the lights were off, that's why it seemed so dark. Leila tried to loosen the grip of the ropes on her hands, but they were tied too tight. She could see Justin just a few feet away from her, but he didn't look as scared as she did. This was probably not the first initiation week for them she guessed. She looked straight ahead and saw Zach and Xavier both had the only chairs on the basketball court. Leila didn't get it, they both seemed to enjoy hurting people so much, they got along so well when they were both part taking in this twisted 'hobby' of theirs, what had happened to their friendship ?

"Good day Ladies and Gentlemen...once again welcome to Initiation Week....!" Zach talked smoothly through a microphone. His words were met by wild cheers, and thumping of the feet by the students in the podium. Leila could feel the vibration of their cheers through her body.

"I'm sure you are all wondering what are we going to do with our newest addition to Royal High school Scholarship student?" Zach said. The whole stadium went silent. Leila noted how he didn't call her a beggar – just yet.

"Well...just to inform you.......Mr. Johnston and I have decided to share her....for now..." he smiled a wicked smile, and his dark eyes looked directly at her. He made a hand gesture to someone in the stadium, and as he did, someone came along with a chair, and placed it deliberately in the centre of the floor. Zach clicked his fingers, and suddenly a spot light came on, which illuminated the chair. Leila had a really really bad feeling about this, she turned to look at Justin, and he too seemed to have a very worried look and just shook his head slightly at her.

"Ms Adams, Kindly join us..." Zach said softly into the mic, pointing his hand deliberately to that empty chair.

Leila didn't dare move, she stared in horror at him. She felt someone come and grab her roughly and drag her to the chair where she was placed .

Zach had eyes only for her, she couldn't make out his expression, it was a mixture of awe and some type of sadistic pleasure. She turned to see Xavier who was sitting on the chair next to Zach's. He too had eyes only for her, but his face like always... was a poker face.

Zach approached her and gently loosened the ropes around her arms. He was incredibly close to her, Leila wasn't sure if he was doing that on purpose but she could feel her strong sense of dislike for Zach starting to form inside of her again. She didn't look at him, and took her arms out the ropes completely. Looking down her arms were already starting to get a red line where she was tied. Zach noticed too, he grabbed her arm gently and saw the red marks, his eyebrows went up with surprise. Leila quickly grabbed her hand out his reach, Zach smiled.

"Ladies and Gentlemen....Ms Adams is Hot..incredibly hot..she has been burning the men of Royal High wooooooo.....I know myself..I've been burnt by her heat..."Zach chuckled as he continued "-We thought it was only fitting to cool her down...don't you agree folks?" He finished. 

His statement was met with cheers, and once again his face broke into a mischievous grin again. "So we begin !" Zach clicked his fingers, and all of a sudden Leila could see people bringing buckets of water with them down to where she and Zach were. She sat horrified on the spot, turning around she could see more and more students with buckets kept walking down and she could just make out now, that it wasn't just water...it was ice water. Some buckets still had ice blocks in them, she gazed up at a Zach who too locked eyes with her..they were gleaming . Evil .