Arc 1: Conflict of Interest

Edit: When I re-read it, I got annoyed and slightly disturbed by the typos so I decided to edit it now. I know I have to revisit some chapters for some pieces of information later on but I don't think I can do it if I have to be confronted by so many mistakes. Also, I think it may also help me with my writer's block.

2/19/2019

<Bai An Cheng above. The photo is not mine, saw it on Pinterest>

Arc 1: Conflict of Interest

In a room of pure white, a lone figure floats in the middle. Its round shape bobbing up and down, swaying side to side like it's being swayed by an invisible wind. When watched closely, one can see a flame-like aura surrounding the floating object, with a black line horizontally placed on its 'face'. It could be imagined to be its eye if it were closed. This ball bobbing around is emitting an aura of loneliness, like waiting for a lover for all of eternity but still not reunited with its beloved.

An almost imperceptible sigh sounded in the room, coming from the lonely ball still sorrowfully swaying with the invisible wind. It doesn't know why among all the systems created by the Gods, it's the only one still not bonded by a host, ever.

That's right; the object floating around is a system, created to guide and assist a bonded host to travel and transmigrate across worlds, doing missions and possibly saving their assigned world, depends on the main purpose of the system.

All other systems are now happily, and some gloomily, hopping around worlds, collecting thousands of points and bonding with their hosts, but not him! Ever since his creation, not one host had ever bonded with him, heck, not even one had ever seen him let alone stands a few feet away from him.

It's been thousands of years and he knows his end is inevitable. One of the gods, fearing that an abundance of systems may occur, created a rule that within a millennium, a system should have at least one host to be bonded with or they'll be annihilated and won't be created again.

And that's what's exactly happening to him. There will only be a few hours 'till he reached the millennium of his creation and his inevitable annihilation. Truth be told, he kind of accepted his fate hundreds of years previously. He's not wishing for a host to be bonded now because he knows it's impossible. But even so, he still has an ember of hope inside his mechanical chest that a soul who had seen or done many inhumane things yet still retaining the innocence of the soul will appear magically in front of him.

But it's too impossible!

What kind of requirement was that right? Even he knows that whoever god who created him just want him to be annihilated to oblivion because he knows a soul like that is impossible, heck, even unheard of.

He sighed again as the red box atop his head continued its countdown.

But it seems that he'll be the witness of the impossible now because 10 minutes till his destruction, a black hole suddenly appeared in front of him and spit out a soul!

He immediately brightens, the fire-like aura lightening unimaginably and the black line opened wide. The countdown momentarily stopped, and won't continue until he made a bond to this soul, and he will make sure he'll bond with the soul no matter what!

Only a fool will make this chance go.

Bai An Cheng groaned and rolled over his overly large bed, expecting to feel his pricey silk blanket to flow down his body like rainwater but felt nothing but air. He became alert as if he's been awake for hours and just merely closing his eyes.