Arc 1.10

Madison decided to get serious. Since Ansell doesn't seem to be in a hurry, he pulled the other man back to the booth. This time he's sitting in front of him unlike a few minutes ago where he's unwittingly seated beside him.

"I'm confused as to how we met each other, care to explain?"

Ansell, sensing Madison's serious aura, cleared his throat and became serious too. He stared at the younger male in front of him, his heart quickening the longer he stares.

"As you may know, I was kidnapped when I was 15 too. And I think you clearly know why." He raised an eyebrow towards Madison, willing him to refute. The other remained pensive so he sighed and continued on.

It's an open secret towards the upper echelon. No one bothered to keep it a secret but no one also talks about it. They know it happened but it's kept under wraps.

"You're already there when I was brought to Luciano. You look like a pitiful shivering ball of despair when I saw you. At first, you didn't have my attention; I was busy plotting the bastard's death to bother with a runt like you."

Ansell stopped as he noticed Madison moving. He tensed a bit, remembering the sucker punch a guy like him had given him earlier, and gulped. It's not obvious, but when someone let their guard around his kitten, they'll be in for a shock. Just like what happened to him.

Madison actually felt his phone vibrate in his pocket that's why he moved. He didn't realized Ansell stopped as he read the message. It's from Tracy, just asking about him. He replied 'I'm fine' and shut his phone down.

He looked up and saw Ansell staring at him. He stared right back, willing him to say something about it but he just shrugged and continued his story as if nothing happened.

"They separated us from each other; I was taken to a room where they can guard me as they contact my father while you... I don't know. I'm assuming you're also taken to another room just like me." He sent an imploring gaze to his companion, mentally telling him to fill in the gap.

But Madison can only shrug. "I don't have any memories with the kidnapping. That's why I also don't know you."

"Well, it's possible that you'd forget something like that. For a normal kid like you it'll be quite traumatizing for sure. Anyway, we stayed there for approximately three weeks. I don't know what's happening to you but when I saw you next you're thinner and much miserable than I saw you last. Luciano decided to put us together in the same room while waiting to connect with my father.

That's also the time when you desperately begged me to save you, saying you can't take it anymore and many more. You also promised to do anything I say as long as I save you and brought back to your family."

After promising that, the two got rescued by Ansell's delayed father. The news that he was kidnapped was two weeks late since the kidnapping, his parents are hiking around the world and couldn't be contacted easily.

At first, Ansell doesn't plan on taking up on the child's offer. He shrugged the promise and almost forgot about it. But then years later, he met the kid again. He grew up normally after the incident, arrogantly sure, and with superiority complex he hears, but the kid still lives so he ignores it.

After that fateful meeting, the boy doesn't seem to recognize him so he let that go. Even with the mafia staining his hands red, he still have some conscience left so he doesn't want to traumatize the kid by introducing a memory on the kidnapping.

Years passed again, and somehow, Ansell's receiving information about the kid. It's not so much as directly being sent to but hearing gossips and rumors. He just shakes his head as he let the rumors fly around him.