Arc 1.13

Morning came and Madison woke up from his slumber. He opened his eyes and stares blankly at the ceiling for a while. After a while, he got up and walked towards the bathroom.

Half an hour later, Madison walked out with only a towel tied to his waist and another one hanging down his neck used to rub his wet hair. Water droplets rolling down his petite and creamy figure down; if one starving wolf (Ansell) sees this scene, Madison's chrysanthemum would be in danger.

While he browsed through his enormous walk-in closet, he calls out for his system.

"Lucky, come out."

The said system winks out in existence beside him. He was immediately subjected to a blinding cat grin from the system and a mewling lick to the cheek. Madison didn't bat the system away and continued on browsing. Lucky, encouraged by his host's reaction, continued his kitten licks enthusiastically.

"Does every world I'll be hopping in the future, along with this one, are real?"

[In what sense, host?] Lucky asked, still licking his host. He actually acts like a yapping dog right now, Madison muses. Why not upgrade him to a puppy if he's just gonna act like this right?

<A/N: Ohhh, why didn't I think of that?! I actually want to have a pet cat but I'm scared and my mom keeps on telling me that I couldn't even take care of myself much less a pet HAHAHHA.>

"What do you mean 'in what sense'? Of course, in a sense that if I kill one if needed, will they be totally gone or what? Like from what happened to me in my world."

Lucky stopped his ministrations when satisfied that his host smells like him and thoroughly branded with his own scent.

<A/N: IDK if cats really do that... welp, time to go researching now!...

Update: Licking is a sign of affection and cats claiming you as their friend/family according to some credible sites HAHAH>

[Hmm, yeah, you can treat all worlds as real.]

Madison frowned with Lucky's ambiguous reply. He stared at the feline purring against him, rubbing his tiny head on Madison's neck. He squint his eyes in suspicion; the feline didn't notice it because it's still busying himself displaying his affection with his host.

He decided to let that go, for now. Madison thought of Lucky's news about the missions and decided to drop mission #2 for now (he couldn't drop #3 because he remembered Ansell, he's not as dense not to realize what the man wants) and decided to fasten up with mission #4. Mission #1 is already considered complete anyway so he lets that go, but still interacts with the original's parents like usual.

He decided not to go to school today. But he dispatched Lucky to do his task; even with the planted tracking device, he still can't guarantee that he won't miss any chances with the two characters. Besides, he has a bad feeling with the male lead, Troy. The instances that he saw in his expressions in the past unsettles him.

Madison got out of his room after Lucky disappeared. He made his way to the dining hall where he saw Tracy and Mason talking with each other. They seem serious but when they saw him walking towards them, they beamed at him.

He only nodded and sat down. The family started eating their breakfast, calm and loving.

Meanwhile...

Lucky is still grumbling as he follows the protagonist. He just started and he's already bored already as he stalks behind her. He's swishing his tail leisurely as he continued following her around, to her classes and back to her dorm room to get something to her next class.