Arc 1.3

Edit: I deleted the in-between author's note, it annoys me. I don't know about you but it kind of makes me want to pinch my self or something hahaha.

2/28/29

With the help of Lucky, Madison successfully mapped out the whole mansion and its surroundings. Because the Sullivans are crazily wealthy, their whole properties are over-the-top. Take this mansion for example; it's so huge, you could run away from home yet still be home.

There are lots of twists and turns in this place, so many hidden passages that only the head of Sullivan family knows about. Even the original Madison doesn't know that these passages exist.

Because of exhaustion, Madison decided to come back to the main mansion to take a rest and think of his another move.

He's about to walk away and head back when he saw two people sneaking away just ahead of him. Madison is about to ignore them when he registered their suspicious actions. He squints his eyes apprehensively and decided to follow them.

He could just ignore them, he knows there are a lot of employees working in this estate it'll be nigh to impossible to memorize the names and faces of all of them, but he thought of their behavior and thinks that if they're traitors sent by rival family to find dirt within the Sullivans, well, he could use this as an opportunity to at least clean his image for a bit.

He used his skills when he's still a mercenary in his past world, he's actually surprised he can still do all of his movements albeit a little restricted even in this body, but no matter, he will explore that later on after dealing with this possible moles.

After a few minutes of sneaking the two stopped their movements, looked around, made sure no one followed them. They're standing in the very corner of the estate. Madison is just a few meters away, he can see their hunched figures but he couldn't hear them so he made use of his earring in his right ear to eavesdrop.

"Tell the Boss—two weeks from now, we can have our chance."

That's the only line Madison heard before the other hunched figure nodded and seemingly disappeared into thin air. Madison squints his eyes and looks around, trying to see where the other man went, but he couldn't find any hair nor hide so decided to drop that point.

The other man looked around again and walked away, looking as if just an ordinary butler. Madison memorized the man's face to search for later but now, he had a problem.

"Lucky come out."

Lucky winks in existence besides the crouching Madison; looking confused.

[Oh I forgot to tell you, host, you can also call me in your mind without speaking out loud. We're connected to each other now so it'll be okay.]

'Alright, I have a question for you. You say it's an F world right?'

[Yes host, why?]

'I'm just confused; why would an F-class world like this have this kind of development that is not even mentioned in the plot?'

[Oh, I get it now. Instances like this are kind of normal host, some systems also talk about this plot inconsistencies. It'll give some hosts difficulty completing this kind of world but still doable. Don't worry host, because it's your first world and already have this inconsistency, the Gods will reward you according to your performance! So work hard host, I know you can do it!]

Lucky even popped confetti, confusing Madison on where the ball got that. But he ignored that fact for now and mulled over the information Lucky gave him.

So no matter what kind of world-level, inconsistencies like these are normal, it'll also give him more incentives. Alright, with this knowledge at hand he could create more contingency plans to further make this world under his belt.

This is the kind of surprises he doesn't want to encounter in his world-hopping; variables such as this make him lose his balance, messing his carefully laid plan and he doesn't want that. He wants everything in working order and in control.

'Anyway, aside from you hanging around me and being my guide; what can you do? And what does guiding entails for me?'

[Well, I can help you with surveillance, hacking, and providing information available for me. In terms of guiding, I'm responsible for transferring you to worlds, providing you the memories and missions. I'm also your middleman, the Gods get in touch with you through me. I'll be relaying whatever messages the gods have to say to you.]

Madison thinks of what Lucky said and shrugged.

'I don't need you for surveillance or hacking, I can do that myself.'

[Yes, you can do all that when in a world where there's technology but when you're transferred into ancient worlds or worlds where technology don't exist, what then?]

Madison stops and stares at Lucky, contemplating what he said. After a while, he shrugs and patted the ball floating beside him. 'Well, if that's the case then I'm counting on you.'

The ball seemed to beam at him and the aura around Lucky brightens again.

Madison went back home and ordered a maid to give him snacks. He may not realize it at first but it's already past noon when he stopped exploring around the estate. Maybe that's why he's tired and hungry; this body isn't used to such a tiring walk and skipping lunch.

Oh well, he shrugs and boots up his computer. It's time to unlock the kidnapping mystery.

Fingers flew fast across the keyboard as Madison hacks his way through the internet, finding any information for the man he sees just a while ago.

After a few minutes, he sat back and released a sigh of relief. Even with those pop-ups/inconsistencies, he's still able to complete this world just fine.

The man is called John Smith, a generic name for average Joe, a perfect cover identity to conceal his real motive.

John Smith, or originally Ron Saunders, works under the organization that kidnapped the original Madison Sullivan. That's right folks, An Cheng just arrived today and he already uncovered the first half of the mystery shrouding the kidnapping of Madison Sullivan.

It just shows how competent Bai An Cheng is in his profession; being a jack-of-all-trades mercenary for hire. An Cheng feeling good with himself pats his self by the shoulder.

A knock sounded against his door and he arrogantly replied for the maid to come in. A woman in her late 50s entered with a tray of chocolate mousse and orange juice. She put down the tray in the bedside table and immediately left.

Madison is about to get the fork when his phone rings. He calmly picked up the phone; he knows what's going to happen and what will the phone call entails.

"Hello?" he haughtily answered.

Choked sobs replied and Tracy's voice said, "H-hello, baby? It's your grand-grandfather—he's in the hospital right now."

Now, it could be said that the person who spoiled the original Madison the most is his grandfather, Alfredo Sullivan. Madison was born a year after Alfredo's wife, Sandra, died. Everyone thinks that Madison is sent by Sandra from above to stop them for being sad with her passing. It also didn't help that Madison looks like his grandmother when she's still a child, so yeah.

Madison gave the appropriate reaction needed in this kind of situation. He gasped, choked a sob, and hurried his movement to go to the hospital.

"I'm coming, Mom, what hospital is grandpa sent to?" Tracy said the hospital's name and Madison said his goodbye and dropped the call.

Madison hurried towards the garage and ordered the driver to be quick. The driver, sensing the young master's hurry, stepped on the gas as if Satan himself is on their tail, even beating up some red light. Madison didn't say anything and just showed agitation.