Arc 1.11

Troy sent someone to monitor the protagonist, just like the original plot. But the reasons are different, like heaven and earth different. If the original, Troy is monitoring Alexandra because she captured his interest that would eventually lead to love, now, she got his attention because she accidentally witnessed his transaction with some shady men.

Yes, you read it right. In order to understand this part, we have to back-up to a few nights ago, the same time as the party.

While walking, Alexandra is berating herself for stupidly leaving her laptop at the main university hall. It's her final term and deadlines after deadlines are swamping her to death yet she still dazedly dare to forget the most important thing that could help her through this hellish week.

As she sluggishly made her way to her locker in the university (she's lacking sleep for days now due to her projects and part-time jobs) she crossed through a dark part in the garden. This part of the university is rarely visited upon when night time, some students said that there are ghosts lingering in here.

She obviously doesn't believe shits like that so she ignored the awning darkness ahead of her. Of course it's not really that dark, there are lamp posts all over the place so no one would unwittingly get lost and harm themselves.

She's almost halfway through the garden when she heard a baritone voice cut through the silent air like a knife to a butter. She shivered and involuntarily froze when the voice continue on talking.

"'This time, this time' well fucking do it this time! And better do it properly! You always says to do it this time, I'm fucking tired of waiting!"

Frightened voices sounded off after the first voice finished talking. From what she could hear, the voices are audibly shaking and one even choked on their saliva.

"We're very sorry boss!" Similar replies and promises came next with that sentence.

A frustrated scoff cut the litany of 'sorry's' and 'we'll really do the job right boss's'.

"The next time you fucking failed to kill Madison Sullivan again, all of you here will follow his grave after I killed him myself, do you understand?!"

Collective cries of affirmation and scampering of feet sounded off. But that didn't made Alexandra shiver down to the bone. The name of the arrogant young master made her ears ring, sweat falling down her back, and chill filling her bone marrow.

Wh-what did I just hear?

Like an idiotic female lead in a Hollywood movie (she'll totally kill herself after this, she thought when she recollects later on) she peaked at the edge of the tall sculpted bush to see the people speaking. She can only see the back of the men running away but she knew all of these people are not people she'd like to meet in a street at night.

While she can't catch any face from the running figures as they're swallowed up by the darkness, the only man left behind is frustratedly smoking cigar. After the last wisp of smoke evaporated in the cold wind, he threw the butt cigar on the ground and stumped on it angrily.

When the man eventually looked sideways, even with faint lighting, his side profile will be forever engraved in Alexandra's mind!

Troy.... Sullivan...

What?!

Afraid that the man would find her, she hurriedly run away to save her pitiful existence. She's hoping beyond hope that the man doesn't realize that she's eavesdropping on his conversation. But luck is against her that night because as she turned around, Troy also turned around to leave!