Arc 1.15

Edit: I'm using a program(?) called Grammarly and I found it's so helpful. It automatically highlights words that could be changed or removed to have your sentence flow better. Try it guys, maybe it will you too.

2/25/2019

He feels like he's floating in a miasma. Several voices overlapping each other screaming in his ears to be heard, images passing by his closed eyelids too fast to comprehend and pain, unbearable pain—even for him—course through his body.

Bai An Cheng feels like killing himself over and over again as he's subjected to this kind of psychological torture. Even when he was still alive being a mercenary, he thought he could take on any torture his enemies and sometimes employers dishes for him. But this—this kind of mind fuckery is in a league of its own.

He knows inside that the images he's seeing are of the real Madison's locked memory. He doesn't know what triggered this to happen and he wishes so much right now that it had stayed hidden for the rest of eternity.

Seeing a child being tortured in front of you? That kind of thing is something Bai An Cheng doesn't want to EVER happen to him. He might as well gouge his eyes out with his own fingers than to see this!

Children are one of his few weaknesses. He believes that they need to be nurtured and loved, not to be in a kind of a situation where they have to promise their lives to someone they didn't even know to get out of that!

God, he might as well take on thousand times of torture than to let a kid suffer.

But no... whatever or whoever is sick enough to do this to a child is clearly enjoying this and lets him continue watching.

<A/N: Oops, guilty of the charge. Not that I enjoy torturing someone especially kids! Bai An Cheng and I are basically alike as seeing a child cry is my weakness so yeah... whispers 'I'm not a sadist' over and over again.>

He sees a small child, about to be 7 or 8, eating in a restaurant together with a couple and another child, this one is about to be 10 or 11. The couple is not the parents of the original Madison but the kid seems familiar with them enough to happily sit there and let them dote on him. He's gonna take a guess and say the couple are Troy's parents and the other kid is the young Troy.

They look happy enough, harmoniously chatting with each other. The woman feeds the distracted young Madison food as she talks with her husband. Young Madison's sights are firmly locked on a rugged-looking man staring at them outside the restaurant in an alley directly in front of it.

It was night time so he couldn't clearly see the man's face but he knows he's staring so as a kid that thought nothing bad of it and thought it's a game, stared back. He doesn't know if the man knows he's staring but he continued to do so anyway. Young Madison lets the woman feed him and just mindlessly nods along whenever the woman or the man directed a question at him.

After dinner, the couple paid for their food and walked outside; the two children between the couple as they bundled them up with heavy winter clothes. The woman, Sabrina, kneeled down to properly arrange young Madison's scarf and gloves.

She smiled at him as she saw her nephew's puffy cheeks and red nose. She couldn't help but squeeze.

"Argh, you're so cute, Madi! Like a marshmallow, ready to eat up~" She faked biting his cheeks and young Madison squealed loudly.