Arc 2.5

Zhang Yusheng had a great time in their date. Li Kang Jun shows the same interest and enthusiasm as he does when they're talking so everything went by like a breeze. Zhang Yusheng is actually disappointed when they were forced to part ways because of the time and the cafe's closing. Yeah, they were there for hours and, again, didn't realize it.

They're now walking back to Li Kang Jun's car and their conversation didn't let up for a bit. In the few hours they've been together, Zhang Yusheng got to know the other. Like how he has a younger brother who's still in high school. His likes (coffee and a good movie or music) and dislikes (anything overly sweet and waking up early), allergies (peanuts), and a little bit recounting of his youth, especially the mischief the siblings got on any given chance.

Take this moment as an example—Li Kang Jun is telling one of his younger brother's infamous mischiefs.

"I remember this one time, when my brother is supposed to be in school but the idiot cut classes with his friends to go karaoke instead." He said, wry smile in his face.

Zhang Yusheng laughed when he imagined the scene. "Oh boy, hope they're not caught."

"Oh they did. Before they could even start singing, someone notified the school that some of its students are there. The school, in turn, called our father and the stupid boy is suspended for three days. If you could see my parent's reaction, you'll crack up."

"I can already imagine it! It's epic." The two of them laughed at Li Kang Jun's younger brother's expense.

The walk only last for a few minutes and so, they reached the other man's car that made the two of them sober up. Li Kang Jun opened the passenger's car door for Zhang Yusheng that made his heart flutter for a bit.

"Thanks."

Li Kang Jun smiled and hurried to enter the car. "Type in your address to the console, I'll drive you home."

"Thanks again." Zhang Yusheng did as told and they settled in a comfortable silence as Li Kang Jun maneuvered the car out of the parking lot.

Zhang Yusheng gazed outside the window, seeing the night slowly creeps in and the street lamps turn on. He let out a relaxed sigh and snuggled down in the passenger seat making Li Kang Jun look towards him and smile.

"What?"

"Nothing... you remind me of a child actually." And he had the nerve to laugh. Zhang Yusheng playfully glared at him and to better prove the other's statement, blew him a raspberry.

The man let out a merry laugh at the other's childish antics. Zhang Yusheng crossed his arms in front of him and ignored Li Kang Jun. The other only snickered but didn't say anything else. Silence descended upon them only broken by the occasional instructions from the GPS.

A few minutes had passed and Zhang Yusheng received news from Lucky.

[Host, bad news! Shen Yuan gave Jiang Xiao Ying the job!]

The frantic mental voice of Lucky made Zhang Yusheng hid the small wince brought by the sudden sound.

'Lucky, calm down. Take a deep breath and start from the beginning.'

Zhang Yusheng can only imagine Lucky heeding his advice and taking deep breaths. After a while, Lucky's relatively calm voice sounded and started from the top.

[When I started monitoring the two of them, they're just texting each other. You didn't tell me anything other than that so I didn't interfere. Next thing I know, Jiang Xiao Ying is telling Shen Yuan about her dilemma and just like that, the male lead gave her the job as predicted. I'm so sorry for not doing anything host, please forgive me!]