Arc 2.1

This world's protagonist is a clumsy, air-headed young woman who dreams to become a famous and successful author. In truth, she struggles with words and grammar, she also have a hard time coming up with plot stories and whatever works she had already written are so mainstream that when she showed it to an editor, it was quickly rejected. But she's nothing if persistent; she enrolled to a community college and took a creative writing degree.

After graduating, she applied to numerous publishing houses with no success. Of course, because she's the protagonist, such step backs won't deter her from her dreams. She continued writing and improving her craft while finding a job to support her. One day, after an enormous rejection from her dream publishing house and missing an autograph signing from her favorite author, she met this world's male lead.

Jiang Xiao Ying, the protagonist's name, met Shen Yuan when she's crying for missing her idol's autograph while clutching her favorite book from the said idol. Shen Yuan, in his 'majestic walking fit for a male lead', sees Jiang Xiao Ying's 'heart-wrenching' crying and feels moved so he helped her by telling her he can have her book signed by the author. Jiang Xiao Ying, a naive woman, agreed without much thinking. They exchanged numbers and parted ways, with Shen Yuan saying he'll get her book signed within days.

Their interactions didn't stop there, of course. They texted each other, get to know each other—you know, the usual shtick. Shen Yuan felt something for the protagonist so purposely delayed getting her book signed. The protagonist didn't know but Shen Yuan is actually the owner of the publishing house she really wants to get in and her favorite author is signed in that publishing house.

Bai An Cheng had to groan out loud because of course the protagonist would get this lucky for just crying! He rolled his eyes and braved on.

Shen Yuan knew of her dream to become a famous author and knew that she had an interview for a job with his publishing house but got rejected and thought that maybe he can help by giving her a job. That's right; Jiang Xiao Ying easily got a job because of Shen Yuan's compassion. He gave her a secretary position, almost making her his personal secretary if not for the chief editor who intervened, who is also a close friend to him.

The protagonist started her first day in an enormous blunder. She's late, stupidly trips on the way to the reception desk, bumped into this world's villain that made her spill coffee all over them. The villainess, Bai Xu Yue, was already on a bad mood, snapped at her making her cry like a baby. And because the villainess is kind of strict, punctual, and takes her job seriously, easily dislikes the protagonist's unprofessionalism.

This made Jiang Xiao Ying catches her attention, making the villainess criticize her every time. Jiang Xiao Ying, with her naiveté and inexperience, thought that the other woman personally targets her and hates her because of their first meeting. This made her down, leading to more mistakes in her works, causing Bai Xu Yue condemn her more.

Everything is made worse when the truth came out that Jiang Xiao Ying only got her job now because of Shen Yuan's help. This world's villain practically had to crawl on her knees and fight for her position now as an editor, no thanks to anyone but herself. This made Bai Xu Yue's considerably low opinion on the protagonist smack-dab to negatives and her ire on her strengthen.

Because of Bai Xu Yue's antagonism of the protagonist, the male lead and Jiang Xiao Ying surprisingly had a lot of time to connect and plant the seed of romance between them. They became an item, Shen Yuan finally realized the protagonist's troublesome workplace experience and promptly fired Bai Xu Yue, without consideration of her achievements, workplace ethics, or the fact that the famous author the protagonist's idolizes won't work with anyone other than Bai Xu Yue.