Arc 1.9

Madison walked out of the university grounds and into the quaint cafe a few blocks near it. It's a good thing that students can freely come and go as they please so he didn't find any problem going out.

As he entered the shop, a bell sounded out to announce a new customer walks in. Madison looked up to see where the sound came from and found it's attached atop the door. He's amazed; something like this is lost to the world where he lived in. He doesn't even know something like this exists. An Cheng praised the ingenuity of the people in this world.

Wait, I forgot to ask Lucky if this world and all the worlds I'll travel later on are all real.

Madison decided to save this question later on when Lucky comes back. He made his way to the counter and ordered something with chocolate in it. After making his order, he found a booth in a corner where he can still see the store's door.

He wonders why there's not much customers in this shop. From what he gathers in the original's memory, this place offers quite good drinks accompanied with the shop's own baked pastries. The original liked to frequent here when he's not beside Troy and finds that this place is peaceful.

Anyway, Madison let the thought go as an image pops out in his mind. Literally pops out.

"Oh, this is from Lucky, that bastard."

Madison read it quickly and closed his eyes right after, the message automatically closing. He took a calming breath to stop himself from hunting the metallic ball down and torturing him.

{The System Administrator saw our case host, and promised to compensate for it. For the meantime, the Administrator wants to upgrade me as a reward for bonding with my first host for so long since my creation. It'll take some few days so I want to say sorry for any inconveniences, Host! Anyway, rest assured that I'll come bearing with good news when I come back!

P.S. You'll be surprised to see my upgraded version. I personally chose it! (ノ≧ڡ)}

Madison hurts so much to stop himself from throttling the rambling metallic ball. He calmed himself just in time to get his order from the cashier. He stood up and took the drink, from the walk from the booth to the counter; it'll take no longer than 2 minutes, 4 minutes to return back.

So how was it that when Madison comes back, the same man he doesn't want to see ever again is already sitting in the booth as if he's there ever since the beginning?!

"Oh, kitten, didn't know I'll be meeting you here! I heard your school is nearby, what a coincidence no? I was just walking around when I got thirsty and saw this tiny shop tucked in a corner and decided to order a drink."

As Ansell talks, he's ushering Madison to sit beside him, even showing his 'ordered drink' which coincidentally is the same with Madison's! It's also half-empty so Madison couldn't refute what he said.

But what bugs Madison is that he's so sure there's no other person inside the shop, other than the cashier, and him. So how?!

He must have hidden himself in a backroom somewhere when he saw me walk in! That's it, that's the only explanation. Or he's a pervert stalker that has so much free time on his hand!

Fuck, Madison thought, I'm having goosebumps!

Ansell smiles innocently (read: bemusedly) as he peers at Madison's face. He leaned forward and steeples his hands together, supporting his chin with it. He's exuding a leisurely and satisfied aura, like a kitten that got a canary through his machinations and devious planning.