Arc 2.4

Zhang Yusheng spent a week locked in his room writing all seven books. Of course, he didn't forget to inform Bai Xu Yue so the woman won't be worried. Though, he had to answer a hundred questions before turning his phone off for a week. And as much as he doesn't like interacting with the male lead, he had to call him to avoid him personally visiting him when he can't reach him. Shen Yuan dejectedly agreed not to disturb him and Zhang Yusheng knows the man arranged another meeting of them with the protagonist.

Now, after a week of almost manic writing, he finished writing it all. He extracted the stories straight from his memories with some help from his earring. He's exhausted and ready to drop any minute now, he blinks his blurring and dry eyes—staring at your computer screen all week without stopping can do more than that and thankfully, he had eye drops at hand.

Zhang Yusheng saw the napkin with the numbers at the bedside table, perfectly arranged so he can see it in all angles. He considered many times to give Li Kang Jun a call—if they're getting anywhere where he want them to, they can plan about meeting again, in an ideal settings by the way, see where they lead from there. But something's stopping him, like a voice at the back of his mind that suspiciously sounds like his own telling him to wait. For what, he still doesn't know even a week later.

So he's thankful when Lucky appeared beside him bearing good news, at least for him anyway.

[The System Administrator looked into your case, host, and found that Ansell Carlton's soul that was supposed to be collected by the Soul Department is suspiciously missing. They are still trying to locate where it went and when I reported what you told me, the higher-ups at the Soul Department concluded that his soul must have followed you here, host.]

"Meaning..."

[Yes, there's a possibility that Li Kang Jun's soul is in fact, the same soul of the once Ansell Carlton, though there's really no way of knowing if it really is correct.]

"Then how can we know?"

[Well, the System Administrator told me that the only way to a hundred percent verify is when they can study Li Kang Jun's soul and compare it to Ansell Carlton's soul sample. But to do that, they have to pull Li Kang Jun's soul out, meaning they have to kill him. So...]

"Yes, I get that; they don't want that to happen. Thanks for your help, Lucky." He awarded the system with pats and scratches that the feline system happily purred into.

Zhang Yusheng released a relieved exhale, when he looked at the napkin again; the voice stopping him is gone. He let out a small smile, still hesitant but ready to hope, and lets his mind churn out thoughts of what the nearby future is in store for him, them.

But before that could happen though, he had to take a shower, ASAP. He smells like he killed someone and let the body rot atop of him, and ugh, that sounds disgusting, let alone smells.

After taking care of his bodily needs, he remembered the question he's been meaning to ask Lucky ever since he left.

"Lucky, what's Li Kang Jun's role in this world anyway?" He said as he toweled his wet hair dry. He's only wearing a lone towel to cover his modesty when he got out and he didn't bother drying his body properly. Water droplets roll down his fit chest and disappearing into the area covered by the towel, his milky complexion had a rosy tint to it from the hot shower he took, overall, he looks ravishing.

[Oh, ah, let's see... Hmm, he's a singer slash songwriter. He only appeared once when the protagonist and the male lead watched his concert to celebrate their first anniversary. After that, no more available information can be found in my database.]