Arc 2.2

The next morning found Zhang Yusheng in a nice diner a block away from his apartment. The place is lively and according from his acquired memories, during rush hours there really are a lot of customers who frequent this diner for they serve the arguably the best foods in town. Now, as he looks down to his watch, the customers are still a little in number but if he's guessing right, an hour later, this place would be so packed everything would be in chaos.

When he first stepped foot inside the store, a middle-aged waitress named Meilin immediately ushered him at the back to the booth nestled in a corner. She didn't even ask for his order before she sauntered away and not a minute after, came back with trays of foods on her.

Zhang Yusheng can only gape at her proficiency as she sets down the tray on the table. She saw his dumbfounded expression and she let out a chuckle.

"I know you're going to ask for the usual so I already prepared it for you. Enjoy, sweetheart!" She left him alone after that and Zhang Yusheng decided to increase her tip before he leave later.

Because this place, Chicken&Soup, is the best place to eat and hang out—if it's on down-time—Zhang Yusheng became a regular. But despite frequenting in this establishment, he orders the same thing every time so Meilin and the other staffs already knows his order even without saying anything.

A little fact about this place though, the original Zhang Yusheng loves their food so much he included it on one of his books. Of course, many of his fans quickly realized that the store is real and visits the establishment, making the diner even more famous. The owner and staffs knew what he did so he became a VIP customer that sometimes get free foods.

As he settles in, his phone vibrated in his pocket. Bai Xu Yue is calling him.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I'm gonna be late for a bit." She said, a little out of breath and agitated.

Zhang Yusheng's brow shots up as he replies, "It's alright. What happened?"

"I almost hit a woman who crossed the street even when it's still a red light."

"Do you need my help? Are you hurt or anything?"

"I'm okay, thankfully I dodged on time."

"Alright, just call me again if you need me, okay?"

"Sure, I'm hanging up now."

After putting his phone down, he talked to Lucky mentally, 'Lucky, check on Bai Xu Yue, I have a feeling something's going down.'

[Alright, I'll be right back.]

Zhang Yusheng only had had to wait for ten minutes before Lucky materialized in front of him. He raised a brow as the feline system reported.

[To no one's surprise; turns out the protagonist is the woman Bai Xu Yue almost hit by her car.]

"Seriously?" He said out loud but it's a good thing that he's seated at the corner, no one can judge him.

[Yep, it seems that the protagonist was daydreaming and unknowingly crossed the street while the signal is still red. If not for the villain's fast reaction, she would've been hit by her car. Thankfully, she dodged on time and no further damage was caused.]

"Except?"

If the original's memories are to be trusted, despite her no-nonsense attitude, a strict and composed professional, Bai Xu Yue has an explosive persona that would eviscerate her enemies if they provoke her (more often than not, her enemies truly deserve her wrath—take example the protagonist in this world's plot). Bai An Cheng had to wonder how the original Zhang Yusheng managed to get away from teasing and pulling pranks on her. Clearly, they're close, closer than what he initially thought, if she can let him have his childish way of teasing her.

[But the protagonist isn't so lucky it seems because the villain is really angry at her—I think she woke up on the wrong side of the bed or PMSing—Bai Xu Yue is actually tearing Jiang Xiao Ying a new one.]