Arc 1.19

They continued driving. Ansell is humming a song under his breath and keeps on looking at Madison in his peripheral view from time to time. His grip in the steering wheel is relax, so does his sitting posture, and it show more to everyone that he's really happy with this trip.

Meanwhile, Madison can feel the countless gazes the man is giving him but doesn't show it in his face. Mentally, he's conversing with Lucky as he continued gazing outside.

[You're really sure you won't change your mind, host?]

'Yes, Lucky, I will stay here until this body's time is up.'

[But... why?]

'Because believe it or not, I'm a man of my words—even if I'm not the one who technically promised—and this man here wants me to spend a long time with him.'

[But... but... I don't get it.]

'It's better if you don't, Lucky, just let it be. Besides, I'm gonna take this time to explore this world, see what it got to offer and wonders to unfold.'

[Oh, I see your point; host came from an interstellar era right?]

'Yeah... wait, Lucky, I actually remember something important.'

[What is?]

'I remember; I can actually use my personal collections even when I'm in a different body? They're all bonded in my DNA, how is it possible?'

[Oh that? That's actually part of my gift to you, remember? I know the three things are important to you so I made it possible for you to take them while on your missions. I didn't know that they're bonded in your DNA actually, I just make it possible to let the body you'll reside in to adjust to them actually.]

'That's a pretty neat trick you got there. So meaning, this body and all the bodies I'll be using will have my own DNA? Wouldn't that be a problem, if say, someone got a hold of my blood or I'll need a DNA test to prove my identity?'

[Oh, don't worry about that, host, your trustworthy and reliable system will take care of it!]

Madison is silent as he gazes upon his little furry system that is baiting him to give him the praise he craves for. He plans to ignore him and dismiss him but seeing the expectant look of his system he gave in and sighs.

Lucky is cutely batting his eyelashes at his host and coyly waiting for the most-awaited praise that he deserves. He doesn't understand why his host looks so reluctant though, but he tossed the thought away when he got his most deserved praise.

'Well done, Lucky, keep up the good work.'

[Yey! I will host, I won't let you down!]

And he continued his victory feline dancing in the air beside Madison's head. His host feels sorry for the little system craving for attention and praise. He suddenly feels bad for letting this one wait for a thousand years for him but he also feels silly because why would he feel bad for not dying too early or for clinging to life every time he's at the verge of death in the orphanage or with his line of profession.

He just sighs and ignores the celebrating system. Ansell heard him sigh and looks at him worriedly.

"Are you alright, Love? You don't really want to come with me, huh, I'm sorry for forcing you. We could still turn back if you want." He said dejectedly.

He's all for dating Madison but he feels bad when thinking the boy is only with him because he forced his way to him and not because he genuinely want to. If his personal secretary hears this, he'll cry of blood while shouting, 'you're known to forcing your way in anyway, why not continue on right?! And if you stop halfway now, mafia boss or not, I will throw you all the jobs you dumped on me to seduce that young man!'